Admission of Guilt
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    When gas was nearly $5/gallon in 2008, I got a wild hair and out of nowhere decided to buy a TDub. I read and research numerous reviews and opinions.

So I went to the local Yamaha shop and to buy a Black 2008 TW 200. It was listed at $3299, Black on Black. The salesman disappeared for about 30 min and came back and said I wasn't approved for this $3299 motorcycle but that I WAS approved for the $7000 WR 250 that could "Go on the freeway!"

So I walked out and drove 20 miles to another Yamaha dealer and walked out 45 min later with my white 2008 TW 2000 for $3299, a $450 Arai helmet, a $400 credit for a bent clutch lever (with the replacement lever) and I was hooked.

I don't know how I found the forum but I wam embarassed and proud to say that I read every post on the old site and have read every post in the Performance and Customization columns. Not so many in the others. Plenty, but not all.'

Which brings me to the reason for this fun rant. There are days when I look 3, 4, 5 or more times with anticipation of new updates or photos of fellow members, pics or comments. There are days sometimes 2 or 3 without any new posts and I feel like an addict needing my fix.

Will anyone else admit out loud that they share the same sentiments or addiction that I do? I already know of a few, so make sure you speak up or I will call you out on the national TDUB broadcast website.

Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

I ain't sayin nothin.

One thing I will say is...I blame this website for making me spend lots of money!

I had a perfectly good little bike that would have lasted me a long time...

Then I ran across this website...and saw what others were doing...

and you know the "rest of the story"...

It never ends.

farkles.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Tell it all brother! I'm with ya.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i agree Brock...and sometimes more than 5 times a day ...so many cool ideas/people on this board that i don't want to miss anything

how i came to picking up a TW?...got bored with my street bike and saw catamount's TW build on a local motorcycle forum...i decided that the bike looked like it would be a fun on/off road bike so i poked around and i found this forum...i lurked on here a while reading everything i could...i bought a used TW in April of 2011, lurked some more, did a few mods and then i finally joined in September of 2011...been addicted ever since...over that summer i found myself riding the TW around more than i rode my street bike mainly because it was more fun and comfortable to ride...so i sold my street bike in October of 2011 on Cragislist (which also got me addicted to selling things on Craigslist) and found/bought the husky a week later which had a similar ergos and gave me more get up and go than the TW but less than the sportbike...to be continued...

i admit i didn't recognize you with the new avatar pic, and softy admission of guilt! ha!

ride on!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Does it count as multiple visits if you just keep a tab open all day and hit refresh every 15 minutes?
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    Does it count as multiple visits if you just keep a tab open all day and hit refresh every 15 minutes?

GUILTY
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

I am the same way. In fact I wish I could access my photobucket account to post some new pictures. I will have to wait till I get home tonight.

I was hooked the day I rolled one out of our container box to teach a BRC class. It just took me 4 years to buy one.
    "I am simply a guy trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics"

MSF Rider coach

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake morris View Post
    I am the same way. In fact I wish I could access my photobucket account to post some new pictures. I will have to wait till I get home tonight.

I was hooked the day I rolled one out of our container box to teach a BRC class. It just took me 4 years to buy one.
    That is a sweeeeeet pic in your avatar.

Hidden Content

If you haven't already seen this, you should check it out.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...raphic-survey/
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links