New guy from central Iowa, USA
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Saturday I went to look at someone's XT350 they had for sale. When I got there I saw the TW200 wheel sticking out from behind the guy's truck.

We ended up talking for four hours about various things and I ended up buying the TW200 since I'd been seriously considering getting one last year, but then decided I needed something bigger to ride on the highway. Lo and behold, the TW was priced out at half the price of the XT350 and I know the TWs are a lot easier to move if you decide you don't like it a year later. Long story short, it's a 1993 (he told me it's a 1991, but the VIN begs to differ) that has 3500 miles on it.

Do any of you on here recognize it? Someone painted the tank, fenders, and side panels black. Otherwise it looks fairly un-modified.

I currently own about eight other bikes including a couple of Suzuki TS250 enduros (two stroke, street legal.) The Suzukis are what got me thinking about bikes that can go faster than 55mph so I could actually leave the county and get out into the middle of nowhere. Hopefully the TW is capable of that. I've seen photos, and I know you guys wind up all over the place

My wife isn't happy due to the amount of bikes that already occupy the garage, but I might try to get her on the TW200 to ride it since it's got a low seat.

I wanted to stop in and say, 'Hey.' Out of all the bikes I own, the TW, by far is going to be the simplest to maintain and work on. And if it hasn't been messed with too much, it probably won't need to be worked on that much.
    1993 TW200

Welcome!

Nice bike!

You won't regret having one in the stable!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome, you should go out and get dust covers for your other bikes, you won't ride them any more!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Suzuki TS250s are really nimble and it's fun to ride two stroke stuff in traffic. I own Vespa scooters and a couple of 650 twins (one is a restoration project.)

The Kawasaki W650 is for my highway needs when I have to leave town. I'm hoping that the TW can handle 55 - 60mph and not wear the engine out. I'm 160 pounds, so hopefully I'm won't be overtaxing it. My wife has a modern Vespa 150 that I have ridden cross-state before and it did fine.

I like riding all sorts of stuff and the TW is more or less for me to go wandering in the country with my camera and my thoughts.
    1993 TW200

Nice score. If you are going to do a lot of 55 60 driving I would drop a few teeth on the rear sproket. I weigh a hundred pounds more than you and it does just fine and the engine doesn't have to scream at speed. My wife's is stock, but she needs the lower gearing. Doesn't drive over 25 lol. Vibration will be almost eliminated.

Hey fello Iowa native! FWIW my stock geared '09 does not sound real happy at 55. I'll be re-gearing this spring. Feel free to get in touch. From Waverly, IA

I'm down in Ames. I'll have to figure out what gearing works best for me once I start riding it. Compared to my other bikes with X ring chain requirements, this looks cheap to buy sprockets and chains for.

I don't pick the bike up til Wednesday, but I'll be going through it entirely the night I drag it home. New fuel lines, new spark plug, oil change, and I'll probably pull the chain to clean it and check the sprockets out. And if the gas tank needs any love, I'll clean it. If it's rusty, I'll put some Red Kote in there.

My wife is wanting to sell her Vespa, which I use to ride to work since it gets 75mpg. The TW will probably end up being my daily driver when it's not raining.
    1993 TW200

Welcome neighbor. I believe I saw the ad for that one. Good find! Don't worry about running the bike at 55. I considered changing sprockets but I have found that it is plenty capable for the kind of riding I enjoy. I have been enjoying mine on back roads around here. I used to live in Ames and I am now just down the road an hour from you. Look me up if you want to do some riding.

What's funny is that XT350 I went to look at was a cold sell on Craigslist. He said he'd only had three people bother to ask about it. Meanwhile the TW was getting hits from people out of state and over 50 emails in two days.

I wasn't even looking for one, but if you wave one under my nose, well...

The ads were just text with no photos. I just happened to be the first guy to show up and not act weird in front of the seller.

I'm looking forward to the bike. I'm not sure my personality matches it well, but maybe I need an attitude adjustment anyway, haha.
    1993 TW200

Welcome aboard! a fine machine indeed.
    Persistence is the better part of genius.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links