Are these cheap handguards a waste of money?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seen on ebay for 30 bucks. I'm looking for plain, black guards with an aluminum bar behind them that attaches to the bar as well as into the end of the bar.

I don't want any advertisement logos or stickers on them, so that's why these caught my eye. But if They're known to be junk I will hold off.

Also looking for any suggestions for anything else like this that'll work and costs under 60 bucks.
    1993 TW200

I've got those exact ones on my bike. As they are the first&only set I have ever installed, I felt them to be a 'you get what you pay for' kinda thing. The split nut that goes into the bar end was too small(better than too big) and I shimmed the inside of the bars with a piece of soft copper to take up the extra space. As I haven't dropped the bike with them installed as of yet, I can't say they saved my levers or anything. They do feel up to the task in my opinion. Hope I helped, TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Awesome. That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. Someone that actually has them is worth more than any amount of speculation

I'm primarily wanting them to divert cold wind from my hands.

I did find this review on amazon, and the owner is not too happy.

1993 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

this was my main reason for buying them as well. For that, they will be a good bang for the buck. TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

I just got my second pair in the mail today. I put a pair on my '95 and they seemed well made and strong so I got another pair for the '08. I had to bend one end a little to make it mate squarely with the bracket. That's just an adjustment to make them fit my bars, not anything wrong with the way they were made. There are 2 pieces of clear tubing in the package of parts that I slid onto the bar end insert to shim it and they fit my Tusk bars perfectly.

Got mine on ebay from a Chinese seller. No instructions but you don't need any...just some common sense.

*Edit* After comparing the pic you posted with these, I see there is a difference. I haven't had any experience with the ones you asked about. Sorry. These are $30something too.

Here's a couple of pics.

Plenty of room for levers.

I have ATV High bend bars and the guards have to be mounted at an angle but they still protect the lever and hand.

I too checked those out Tirebiter, but didn't feel they offered enuff wind protection. As this was my primary goal, I opted for the others. I like them, but as I stated before, I don't know any better. TIM

Quote Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
    .... as I stated before, I don't know any better. TIM
    Me neither

I have the same ones on my Bike as the OP is asking about as well, they look great, but I am not sure how they would hold up off road as I don't do much off roadin. As far as wind protection ( the reason I got them as well ) they would do better if they sat up higher but as it is they sit lower then my knuckles which allows the wind to go over them. ( Maybe they could be installed differently? ) There are NO instructions included, though I normally toss them aside, it would have been nice to have them at least... I will try to post some pics tomorrow of them mounted up with where they sit and where my hands sit on the grips. For the price they are not bad and I will keep them on for as long as I own the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
    Seen on ebay for 30 bucks. I'm looking for plain, black guards with an aluminum bar behind them that attaches to the bar as well as into the end of the bar.

These are what I got, they are tough as hell: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251007734820?hlp=false&var=

Or even better price: http://www.jcmotors.com/p-26821-west...x#.UXaHTr7nZhE

I have the same ones on the Rokon and the TW, crashed both several times, no problems....

Edit: Mine are identical to Tirebiters.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

The white guards have been in my Amazon "wishlist" for quite a while, I like the square look to them and the price! Love to see pics when you get them installed!

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links