TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Turning 50 and getting my first TW!

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  jpuck 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Yes, I'm turing 50 this year and have decided to join the 'fun' of owning a TW200! Seems like I may not be the only one in this peer group? Believe it or not, I'm coming off a BMW S1000rr. I've been a sport bike rider most of my life with the exception of a dirt bike early on and a cruiser in my mid-30's. I was looking for something fun for around town, maybe take with me on a rail hitch to Vermont for some back road riding, and just wanted something comfortable and a bit goofy. It seems as though everyone who has ever owned one loves it! I was trying to decide between this and the XT250...but think this is the one for me. I live on the Jersey Shore,and think this would be great for when it's crowded here.

Upon purchasing, what would you suggest for first upgrades, if any? I was thinking some sort of rear rack and a GPS mounting system. Any suggestions on those? Thanks everyone!

Bob

#2 ·
Welcome verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry young lad. (o; I'm 62.. My wife and I own matching 06's.. Bought them new and the first thing the salesman said was... Are you sure it will be big enough to keep you happy.. The answer is "YES". Now have 10,000 miles on them. We both have bigger road bikes that ride for the longer hauls. The dubs are our first choice when riding locally.

Look into the jimbo shield for sure it's a good first add-on.. From there it can get crazy... "in a good way". Have fun with the new dub.. OMM.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Welcome young grasshopper. You have much to learn. I think your right at the average age of Tdub owners. Fun bike to explore those trails you wouldn't take a bigger bike on. We like lots of pics of your adventures.....

#10 ·
Funny got my TW at the Jersey shore

Good Luck
funny! us here on the west shore, think the only thing you get in jersey shore is a bad fake tan and a worse fake italian accent.

(that said i love the boss)

enjoy that bike!

#9 ·
Welcome. I'm 65 and just picked up another one for the wife, she will be 65 this may. She is just getting to know it and cna't wait for her to get up to speed and get her license.

We too have a cruiser and a goldwing for the longer trips. Looking forward to a couple this june and July. Have fun with your TW, is a fun, slow, smell the roses bike.

#11 ·
double post

#12 ·
oops

#17 ·
I just put down my deposit, I was hoping to get it this weekend but they didn't have anyone there to build it....really? I think I could put it together in 20 minutes. I have to wait until Tuesday. I almost pulled the trigger on the XT250 but figured that this would be more fun/cool. I have to get that windshield!!!

#19 ·
We are the same age....I too turn 50 this year....I've had my TW200 for a couple of years. I bought an 08' used but not very much see pic below...I also have a touring bike...for any trip under 100 miles where I'm not staying over night I'll usually take the TW200 for the gas mileage.......
Unless I feel like rocking out on tunes....then it's the cruiser......

Not Very Used when i got it....

Two bikes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.