Be still, my heart.
Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Be still, my heart.

There are few things in this life that I have coveted: my first car (a 1974 Karmann Ghia convertible--wish I still had it), my Martin guitar (0016ny--1976--still have), my 1988 Suzuki Samurai (wish I still had it), my 2003 Honda Rancher, Olive (still have) and a Yamaha tw200.

I'll be 62 one month from today; I'm a woman; I'm an artist; I built my own house here on the coast of Maine. I've lived in about fifty places from the midwest to Alaska to California.

My first "cycle" was a Honda CT70 which I got when I was in college (had a couple more since) and, in the mid-seventies, in Chicago, I had a Harley Davidson 250 on/off-road bike.

In high school, my sister's boyfriend and I rode the power-line trails and woods in Michigan--first on a Honda 160, later on a Honda 305 Scrambler. Sometimes he'd give me the key and a dollar for gas so that he could stay home and make-out with my sister, Pretty Looey, in the stairwell. Win-win.

I've been coveting a tw200 for years now, mentioned it to a friend who said, "Oh, I think that might be what I have in my garage," we checked, sure enough and next thing you know I was begging for first refusal rights if she were ever to sell it. She is! She will!

So, I'm soon to take delivery of a 2006 in near-showroom condition with only 2056 miles on it.

We have over 6000 miles of trails in Maine.

Be still, my heart.

Welcome, and congrats on the TDub, riding one starts out real good and then gets better!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

That was easily the most succinct and eloquent first post ever writ.

That, and the fact that some of the bikes mentioned still bring a tear to me one good eye...

Welcome aboard.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, I agree with lizrdbrth! I hope that by the time my 62nd birthday rolls around I can write like that... Welcome Campthataway! Please post up pics when that bike is yours.

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

I'm surprised how much we have in common.My wife and I own 06 dubs. I'm 62, live in mich. and my wife and I will be coming out your way in july for a month or so to explore maine with the dubs............... Welcome aboard. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    That was easily the most succinct and eloquent first post ever writ.

That, and the fact that some of the bikes mentioned still bring a tear to me one good eye...

Welcome aboard.

What a nice thing to say, thank you.

(Gosh, if you liked that and what with the one bleary eye, wait 'til you hear my music!).

I think I'm going to like it here!

Pat, pat, pat. Pull up a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    I'm surprised how much we have in common.My wife and I own 06 dubs. I'm 62, live in mich. and my wife and I will be coming out your way in july for a month or so to explore maine with the dubs............... Welcome aboard. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post

Neato!

I was living in Clare when I was doing the riding I mentioned.

As for Maine, Mud Season is beginning to wane (the trails open May 15th), so they ought to be in great shape for your trip in July.

When it's nearer the time, let me know and, if you'd like, I'll show your wife and you around a bit.

I don't eat anything with eyes (other than potatoes), but there are three lobster boats just outside my window and down a bit and, once they start bringing in their catch, they're only a few dollars each...(unfortunately, for the lobstermen).

Worse, still, for the lobster.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links