Does the TW200 have a 'beeper' in the turn signal?
Close

My TW200 has one of those annoying old man beepers when you use the turn signal. They're embarrassing at stop lights and annoying.

Was this a factory thing or did a previous owner install it? I spent about 30 seconds trying to track it down and stab it with a screwdriver, but the sound is non-directional and I'm half deaf as it is. I want to remove it but I was curious if this was something that came with the bike or not.

Someone also wired up these really annoying LED dazzler/flasher lights to my brake light. So at a stop light I'm giving the person behind me a seizure. I can leave those because I need all the help I can get when turning into my driveway (I live on a highway on the edge of town and people nearly rear end me several times per year because they're not paying attention.)

But the beeper must be silenced. I've kept them on other bikes since they are stock, but I put electrical tape over them so they muted out.
    1993 TW200

I have a 2013 and it doesnt have any kind of beeper on the turn signal. I have to pay attention and turn it off. I suspect someone added it.

Lance
    2013 TW200

2003 TW200 (Wife's Bike)

2013 Ultra Classic Limited

2008 Street Glide

It is a small aftermarket box that can be added. If you track it down, send it my way!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I dug in and found the culprit(s.) Two Radio Shack piezo electric beepers. They both had electrical tape over the hole, so they were way louder without. They were wired goofy as well, utilizing snap connectors to the bulb wiring and playing on the principal that the TW turn signal circuit reverses polarity depending on which way you flip the switch.

So dumb.. They're gone now. I took the opportunity to replace the neutral and high beam lamps with white LED bulbs. The turn signal can't be replaced due to the aforementioned polarity issue when you are using the signal one of the two directions.

I also pried off that stupid 'neutral tube' they had installed with JB Weld. It took some of the plastic, but at least I can see the whole lens cover now. Here's a shot with the two LED lamps as well as the turn lamp lit up all at once.

1993 TW200

The turn signal bulb can be replaced with a LED, just make sure you get an AC/DC bulb. Works great on mine.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I had a ten pack of these LED bulbs sitting at home. I want to get one of those AC/DC ones as well as a 'wedge' bulb for the speedo.

Even though it's backlit as yellow (how fashion forward!)

I proceeded to drive for about a mile today with my right turn signal on after removing the beeper.

But the good news was that I was on the way to the Yamaha dealer to pick up my fancy new replacement cover for the lights.

1993 TW200

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
    I had a ten pack of these LED bulbs sitting at home. I want to get one of those AC/DC ones as well as a 'wedge' bulb for the speedo.

Even though it's backlit as yellow (how fashion forward!)

I proceeded to drive for about a mile today with my right turn signal on after removing the beeper.

But the good news was that I was on the way to the Yamaha dealer to pick up my fancy new replacement cover for the lights.

What is the part # for this cover with the amber turn indicator? It really bugs me mine is green, this should be for neutral only...

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    What is the part # for this cover with the amber turn indicator? It really bugs me mine is green, this should be for neutral only...

Bugged me too. Read this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Bugged me too. Read this.

Thanks! I knew I read this before...

Yep, that's the part number I used. 15A-83568-00-00

I just paid my dealer the 26 bucks.. I get gouged on shipping from those online places and it ends up being cheaper to just support my local guy.
    1993 TW200

Sponosred Links