TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Which Rear Rack?

20K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  r80rt 
#1 ·
I'm planning on using my TW for long rides, which will include camping. I need a rack that will support the items needed for camping.

My question is, which rack will be the best for this, a Moose rack, or the Cyclerack? I'm thinking the Cyclerack will be the best choice because of the weight, but I don't know what the Moose rack is capable of.

#3 ·
The Moose racks are just rebadged TCI racks. I have a TCI Sequoia rack on order at the moment. They just redesigned both the Sequoia and Denali (Moose Expedition) so now the lower side bag supports will be removable but the vertical side pannier supports are still welded on. I also like they way they relocate the turn signals so you don't need to shorten them. TCI told me they will be blowing out any remaining inventory of the original styles soon. Their website doesn't reflect the redesign yet but I asked about it when I saw their KLR page mentioned it.

I ordered this one because I already own some Cortech Sport bags that were designed for this system.

Here are a couple pictures of the original Sequoia with and without bags. They don't have pictures of the redesign uploaded yet so just envision this with a removable lower platform:

A TCI rack would save you a few dollars over a Cyclerack after you factor in the optional panniers but the Cyclerack should hold more weight due to how it mounts to the frame. Cyclerack appears to have a loyal following here and they will powdercoat it in a different color if you want for additional charge ($20 I think). Either should be work for you.

Just thought I would post this since nobody probably knows about the TCI redesign yet.

#12 ·
Many more times than the bike will handle safely!.

The cycle rack also mounts to the rear foot peg area,which,no doubt enhances it's stability,durability and ability!. Some use the rack as a lift point (if your "stuck" in the mud....highly doubtful,but possible)..... and some have reported a break in the subframe weld area where the rack attaches I believe.....why chance it?. Good choice.

#13 ·
[quote name='Do any of you know what the weight limit is for the Cyclerack?

[/quote]

It holds plenty, Been on several camping rides. Did one 2 up with the wife and all our gear for a weekend camp out.

#18 ·
Something to look forward too with your new piece of equipment. Since you already ordered it, I'll just add a photo or two illustrating the cycleracks strength and versatility above just carrying cargo!

Pulling old railroad ties

and unconventional passengers

#16 ·
I'm jealous Swamp! I will soon, but had to tone down the farkling a bit before I was sent to sleep with the Dubs

I do UNDERSTAND that!
I use my TW to commute back and forth to work, so I had to explain that I NEED this rack so I can carry my work essentials, as well as my lunch, and shoes since I wear riding boots.

It worked!

DISCLAIMER - Swamp is not reposible for the use of the above statement in any form or matter. Anyone using the above statement assumes all liability and risks if he so choose's to use it for personal gain(s)!

#22 ·
Another vote for the Cyclerack. I would look for another option for the front rack. I really dont like the headlight blocked when I use a gas can or canteen.

New member here & my first post:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.