Hitting the road soon, sad day for me
Close

Well all, some of you many know me, most probably not as I come and go depending on my interest at that time (too many interests, not enough brains to be focused on more than one at a time).

Anyhow, due to issues with my aging parents, I ended up giving them my car to be at their house full time so when any of my siblings, but mainly me, need to drive them around, the car is available. It's a Crown Vic, and since my old man (two bad knees and dementia) and my brother (bum leg due to getting hit by a truck) both can't get into a smaller car, and definitely not one with two doors (what my other family owns), it just made more sense to donate my car to the cause.

This leaves me with no car, and quite frankly, I can't afford to finance anything. So, since the TW is the least ridden bike of my two, it's the one that has to go.

I really don't want to get rid of it, and I farkled the heck out of it, finishing it up in September (though are we ever really finished?), and now it has to go. I thought about this all winter, but spending $60-$80 in gas driving my Crown Vic back and forth almost daily to my parent's house over the winter dang near wiped me out, cash-wise, I knew it's what I had to do.

So, while I hope to get another TW200 some day, I must say good-bye for a spell. I'll watch the forum from time to time as my bike is in the classifieds, but once the beloved TW is gone, so will I.

This is a great forum, and I will miss it.

Take care all,

Dan

2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Sorry for your issues leading to this, but you are being a good son and family memeber, and that there is worth dozens of bikes. Keep a positive attitude dude.

Good on you mate.

Gotta do what you gotta do. Your sacrifice now will pay off in the end. Good luck
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

sounds like your doing a good thing to help your dad. hope to see you back on hear soon.

You're a first rate guy, taking care of your family like that. There will be another TW out there for you when the time is right. m.

Sorry to see you leave but being a good son and helping your parents is more important right now. Good luck.

Mel
    Getting rid of the TW is like loosing a member of the family, but to adapt the old saying, blood is thicker than gasoline. I flew back and forth from California to Iowa uncountable times as the years over took my parents. Sacrafices were made. I can tell you I feel content that I could do it and never resented a dollar or moment of it. God bless you and your family.

rbm
    Sorry to hear you have to sell your TW, you'll find another one some day and karma dictates you'll pay a very reasonable price when you do.

Thanks all for your comments. I took the TW out a few days ago to meet up with a guy for a possible swap for his car (I try to not ride it to keep the mileage low), and man did it feel good. I didn't wnat his car, and he had no cash, so the TW remains in my shed.

I'll be honest with you all... I lost sleep over making this decision for weeks and really wanted to do the selfish thing. I finally realized that I only get one family, and can always get another TW to re-farkle out when the time is right.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Sponosred Links