Quiet T-Dub
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiet T-Dub

Is there a way to make the bike more quiet without compromising performance? I take it through the woods and sometimes I don't want to draw so much attention. Thanks

Look at ATV silencers and such, as seen here. There shouldn't be a huge performance drop, but you can fiddle with your baffling and whatnot to get it right, and keep it removable for when you get back on the street.

EDIT: This link can throw you a few more ideas. Ronnydog's 2 stroke can was a really good one.

Here are the pics from the link above.

I'm going to add one to the '04 TW that I just picked up. It will be easily removable by means of bolt together flange.
    '99 TW,Ricochet skid plate, Seat Concepts, Jimbo shield, 2" extended swingarm w/Maxxis Bighorn, 5.10 Kenda K270, Stealth exhuast, YZ80 hybrid front forks w/HyperPro proressive springs, ProCycle high mount front fender, ProCycle wide foot pegs, TT-R stainless head pipe, Lizrdbrth cooler, D-Flex hand guards, XT350 gas tank.

2002 Honda Spirit Shadow VT750

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Neo
    I would love to hear the difference the additional silencing makes. If you have upgraded your muffler for quietness, please post a brief video clip (before & after would be awesome).

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Do some searching. There are some detailed threads on here about the subject. I think guys have made such good silencers for the exhaust that the noises from the old rattling air cooled engine made it not worth the effort. Good luck.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by glassyandsunny View Post
    Is there a way to make the bike more quiet without compromising performance? I take it through the woods and sometimes I don't want to draw so much attention. Thanks

I got some fiberglass muffler stuffing from the local ATV/Yamaha dealer, wrapped the cone with it and secured it with a couple of loose wraps of stainless wire.

It definitely makes it a little quieter and I did not notice any performance loss. Cheap Fix!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Hope this video works. Probably won't. Windows media player didn't reconise format.

http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/Tr...f969b.mp4.html
    '99 TW,Ricochet skid plate, Seat Concepts, Jimbo shield, 2" extended swingarm w/Maxxis Bighorn, 5.10 Kenda K270, Stealth exhuast, YZ80 hybrid front forks w/HyperPro proressive springs, ProCycle high mount front fender, ProCycle wide foot pegs, TT-R stainless head pipe, Lizrdbrth cooler, D-Flex hand guards, XT350 gas tank.

2002 Honda Spirit Shadow VT750

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

Neo
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikstr View Post
    Hope this video works. Probably won't. Windows media player didn't recognize format.

http://s1197.photobu...5f969b.mp4.html

It played for me, thanks for posting it. It was exactly what I was hoping for as a "before" and "after" demonstration!

Quote Originally Posted by Trikstr View Post
    Hope this video works. Probably won't. Windows media player didn't reconise format.

http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/Tr...f969b.mp4.html
    Trikstr, That seems to be a perfect video for glassyandsunny's needs. Good Job. The real question is: What is going on in the other video that you have on photobucket?

Looks like a sideways train unloading cargo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links