handle bars
Close

Thread: handle bars

just woundering if anybody has tried filling there protaper atv highbars full of silicone to help cut down on the vibration went out on a rough run two weeks ago and my wrist are killing me must have arthritus setting in any information would be apreciated thanks

You probably know that some bikes have weights in the ends of the handlebars to cut down on the vibration. They are pretty much just pieces of pot metal with rubber dampers insulating the weight from the inside of the handlebar. I'm thinking you could easily pick some up or maybe rig something up.

I had them on one of my bikes and removed them and the bike still feels great. My other bike never came with them and my body feels like its ringing like a bell every step I take after being on the bike for 2 hours. Who knows if they are helpful?

Never actually tried it myself but, I've had a couple of buddies that have filled their bars with silicone caulking to cut down on some vibration.... Heard it helped out quite a bit!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

How many years would it take the silicone in the center of the bars to set up and harden?? Not that it matters.. It was just my first thought. I've heard of people filling bars with lead shot and I've got a 25# bag of #9 shot to try it with. I'm not sure I want to weigh down a 200cc bike that already weighs nearly 300 pounds though, haha.

I don't find my TW to vibrate enough to bother my hands. I have had bikes that did (Suzuki GN400, Honda CB350, etc...) I bought ProGrip 'Rally' grips for my bike when I got it. They're mushy enough to suck up some vibration but still stiff enough I don't feel like I'm holding a handful of slime.

1993 TW200

thanks for the info i might try anti-vibration bar inserts from fasst company

Sounds like you should check out BarSnake

I haven't used one myself but I hear good things about them.
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Sponosred Links