Front Cyclecrak
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Cyclecrak

I have a question for you guys with a front cyclerack, I'm trying to see if one will clear the scoops on my XT225 tank.

On the bottom mount, from the center of the mounting bolt, how far out does the mounting bracket come to where it makes the 90 bend, and then how far forward does it go to where it's welded to the rack? Hope that made sense. Thanks in advance
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

hmmm... the tinkerer is back at it? how's that front rack of yours doing?

1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Oh the little front rack is finished I suppose...for now. I'm thinking I want a cyclerack to mount some small bags up front for longer trips. Might be a waste of time, ya never know

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've often wondered why Cyclerack designed the front rack like they did. If you put anything on it your headlight is blocked. I could see it for packing stuff into the outback but for road trips it doesn't look functional. It seems like a rack just above the headlight would be better.

It was designed to add ballast to the front when hauling heavy loads out of rough country, (Elk quarters) You can just strap a big rock on there when needed to get your kill out of the boonies.

well the offer to buy still stands for your prototype rack...
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

IF this idea works out, I'll get in touch with you. But I'll keep things in the planning stages for a while

Quote Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
    IF this idea works out, I'll get in touch with you. But I'll keep things in the planning stages for a while

I have both front and rear cycleracks. I mounted my windscreen (recycled jetski ) off the rack, and find it an effective pull point when buried in the muck and need to be pulled out by a 4-wheeler. Alaska is in general a large swamp and I ride with 4-wheelers mostly. rw

Hi r80rt,

I am not 100% sure I understand where you want the measurements. My first photo is looking down at the bracket in question with the dimensions I think you want.

However, if those are not the dimensions that you want, attached are some more photos so you can tell me what you are looking for.

Sorry about the photos – it is a bit dark outside.

On the inside:

THANK YOU! That's just what I needed. I can make a mock up and see if it will clear my tank shrouds. I do appreciate the pic's and measurements!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links