Tie down 3 bikes in PU bed
Close

I was wondering how you transport 3 bikes in a pickup bed. I have a 01 Chevy with bed rail covers. The only solid tie is the hard points in the lower corners. I am able to drop a strap between cab and bed to reach the frame but that is not convienient at all. There must be some good ideas to add hard points at the front of the bed but I have not found any. I also need to be able to install my canopy now and then. Any ideas pics would be good!

Thats a tough one. I'm sure the middle one will have to be put in backwards.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Maybe this might help? Bolt on wheel chocks for the front of your truck bed. The middle chock can be extended backwards so you can stagger the bike to clear the handlebars.

Here is another Universal Samson Bed Rack
    '93 TW200 :: '00 DRZ400E Plated :: '06 WR250F Plated

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Our shop sells the High Roller brand of tie bars, and High Roller has an optional center piece that moves the wheel chick back a bit so you can squeeze in three bikes across. I've put my TW, and XT225, and a Gas Gas TXT280 trials bike in at the same in the bed of my truck.

Here's the High Roller bar with the center kick back piece installed. That center piece is removable by unscrewing the two round tie downs, and the center of the bar is recessed like the other two positions to center mount a bike alone in the truck. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine. Probably the second best accessory I have ever installed on my truck!

GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Here in this video it as though there are three TW's in the back of this truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BEYGh3C8#t=50s
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Here's a few pics of 3 TW's in my 2002 Toyota from last week using just the 4 stock corner tie downs. You could actually even close the tailgate of you cocked the front wheels into the front corners but you might have to remove the rear reflector on the bike that's in backwards so it wouldn't hit the back window!

(Note the TW that's in backwards should have a strap on the fairing cuz it's gonna be catching wind at 75 mph plus and it could blow off the rubber grommets)

You load the two outside bikes first with one strap to each front corner and the bikes leaning slightly inward, then put a strap on the "inside" in between the two handlebars. This leaves room to slide the third TW in backwards with just the right amount of clearance. I did slow down a bit on the (up) hills between Socal and Washington but it worked like a charm! Each bike had 4 point tie downs plus the center bike had two extra straps to prevent forward movement through my back window

"It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

This is how I prefer to haul TW's!

In this pic there are actually 3 TW's in the back of the Blue Dodge (loaded the same as in the Toyota) and another TW in the back of the white service truck! I forgot to take pics of the TW's inside the trucks dar nit

"It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Just curious PlacerLode, but what is your business (or hobby) that requires so many TW's?

I Don't have any experience hauling 3 bikes, but I do have a lot of tie down points in my chevy truck. What I did was drill a hole through the bed any where I wanted a tie down point. Then I welded a 3/8 nut to the bottom of the bed. I just screw a 3/8 eye bolt in when I need it, and take them out when they're in the way.

Sponosred Links