Helmet Saved my Butt today
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First time I posted a picture, so hopefully I did it right...

Today my buddy and I went out on a morning ride, I wasn't going to put on my helmet because we were just going into town, but I couldn't find my sunglasses so I unwillingly put on my helmet. We got about 5 miles down the road, and there were buzzards eating some road kill up ahead. I was behind my buddy by maybe about 50 yards. He passed them, spooked them and they flew around. I got to them a few seconds later, and they were trying to land again, one of them flew right in front of me. It hit me square in the head and I was travelling 55mph. Felt like I was hit in the head with a bat, I got a migrane and my neck is sore now, thankfully I was wearing the helmet otherwise it probably would have broke my nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Dako124 View Post
    First time I posted a picture, so hopefully I did it right...

Today my buddy and I went out on a morning ride, I wasn't going to put on my helmet because we were just going into town, but I couldn't find my sunglasses so I unwillingly put on my helmet. We got about 5 miles down the road, and there were buzzards eating some road kill up ahead. I was behind my buddy by maybe about 50 yards. He passed them, spooked them and they flew around. I got to them a few seconds later, and they were trying to land again, one of them flew right in front of me. It hit me square in the head and I was travelling 55mph. Felt like I was hit in the head with a bat, I got a migrane and my neck is sore now, thankfully I was wearing the helmet otherwise it probably would have broke my nose!

Dave A. Smith

Any time I ride anything ATV,Bike,or a motorcycle I put a helmet on, my life is worth it !
    Dave A. Smith

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow! Glad you are for the most part OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dako124 View Post
    Today my buddy and I went out on a morning ride, I wasn't going to put on my helmet because we were just going into town......

The only time I ever really hurt myself on a moto was only a mile from home without a helmet and I never got over 35!!!!!!! Concussion, etc.

The only time I will now ride without a helmet is when I'm going out to get the mail.....which is 100 yds down my driveway!

I also will not ride without a full face helmet, since the only time I cut my face badly was when I high-sided standing still on a cross slope, got off the bike just fine, turned, tripped, and face planted into a LARGE boulder!!!!

NEVER trust a buzzard not to do something really stupid, they aren't the smartest bird on the block. There are literally dozens of stories identical to yours in the various forums.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Here in mich. this year they allow no helmets... But they require sunglasses for protection.................. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think that bird may have broke a pair of sunglasses....... (o;. I never ride my bikes without helmets. Glad you didn't get hurt.... OMM.

Thanks for the reminder that almost anything can happen and good to hear you're ok. The buzzard doesn't look as lucky. Looks like buzzard on the grill tomorrow, eh? Yum!

That's using your head! Sorry, couldn't resist. Glad you are OK.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Glad you wore the lid....always wear the darn thing,I know they're hot,annoying etc.,but, you have proof now they do help in protection!.Yea,it could have gouged out an eyeball etc..

Better to be hot and sweaty in a helmet than cold and dead in the morgue.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links