TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Memorial Day

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  FlashTW200 
#1 ·
Me an my family would like to say THANK YOU to all who have served an are currently serving an their families.

#2 ·
Great Idea. Thank you fellow veterans!

I'm also curious how many members are veterans and where have they served.

Guess I'll go first since I stumbled across this post at just the right time.

I am a veteran and I served our country in Vietnam. I was in Vung Tau, Cat Lo, and Saigon. I welded up and fixed damaged river boats.

God Bless America!

#3 ·
I served in Las Vegas (414 CTS aka "Red Flag") and Keflavik, Iceland.

Also, sitting next to my father in law, who was in Vietnam.

Thanks to all the vets out there...

Great Idea.

I'm also curious how many members are veterans and where have they served.

Guess I'll go first since I stumbled across this post at just the right time.

I am a veteran and I served our country in Vietnam.

God Bless America!

#6 ·
Thank you to all those who have and are serving!

#9 ·
The best Memorial Day to all, I was in the Army ,spent my time in Turkey in 1976 as a Honest John rocket crew man, at Tuslog DET 98, Came back to the states at Fort Rucker, Alabama, I did Air Conditiong work. I work as a A/C Man today. Got out in 1978, Had the best time of my life in the Army, Do not look back with any regrets of my time served! If I would do it over again I would not change a thing!

#10 ·
I also want to express my appreciation to those who have served, or are serving in our armed forces. Their families, too. I very much appreciate the freedoms you've made possible with your sacrifices. As for me, I was just coming of age when they started shipping everyone home from Vietnam. So, I didn't take the opportunity to join up. I do have several family members who have, or are currently serving, though.

#11 ·
U.S. Army 25th Infantry Div. (Hawaii). It was an honor for me to serve, and thanks to all the others who did as well. TIM

#12 ·
Spent 20 years and 8 days in the Navy. Serve all over the place. Been on 5 of 7 continents. Served in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, and Enduring Freedom. Did my fair share of time in the Middle East. Also spent some time in South Korea and Thailand. I was also stationed in Italy for 3 years. Looking back, the worst day out of all of it is the day I was dumb enough to retire. My father and both my brothers also served. I was the only one that was a "lifer". To my fellow brothers and sisters out there, THANK YOU!!!! To those that never took the opportunity to serve in the military, THANK YOU for honoring us!!

May none of us EVER forget!!!

#13 ·
Btrp, 1/9 cav viet nam. Quan Loi, Bearcat, Katum. 70 71, 8th army, 708th maint, Germany, two tours 82nd Airborne NC. To the rest of my comrades, welcome home.

For those of you that served with the 1st cav, there is a reunion in Ft Hood Texas the weekend of the 5th of June. My wife and I will be taking the goldwing from Wa State this Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.