Rain rain go away
Close

Just had to vent to my fellow T-dubbers who I know can relate to my frustrations of being unable to get out for a ride due to weather! Adding to these soggy bottom blues is that last weekend we outfitted my T-Dub with new street tires and DG exhaust. I got as far as the end of our street before I had to turn back due to a down pour ... and it literally hasn't stopped since. Florida has be barren dry for months but as soon as you outfit your toy with new shoes and tie it decides to rain endlessly And now the grass is growing faster than the speed of light so that when I do have a chance to ride I will be mowing the lawn instead. Perhaps I can convert the back end of my bike into a lawn mower, that would solve everything

We're having a lot of rain here right now as well. I rode to work on the TW in the rain today because I'm on strike against the weather. I'm ignoring the fact it's raining and doing what I want.

Here it is an hour later and I'm still soaking wet at my desk chair.

And yes, I'm mowing my 1/2 acre yard twice per week at the moment. I just mow it in 3rd gear and blast the grass outward and scatter it in the yard like loose hay.
    1993 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
    We're having a lot of rain here right now as well. I rode to work on the TW in the rain today because I'm on strike against the weather. I'm ignoring the fact it's raining and doing what I want.

Here it is an hour later and I'm still soaking wet at my desk chair.

And yes, I'm mowing my 1/2 acre yard twice per week at the moment. I just mow it in 3rd gear and blast the grass outward and scatter it in the yard like loose hay.

Good for you for riding in the rain, done many a time though usually not on purpose. My tires need to be scrubbed in so waiting for the roads to dry out ... just nervous to do on wetter surfaces. Oh well, getting a lot of chores done around the house so not a total loss!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    I don't know where you live in Florida but here on the Gulf Coast south of Tallahassee, it hasn't rained for a month or more until today and that was only for 5-10 min. Yesterday while in the little town near me, while sitting waiting for the red light to turn green, I had about 10 spritzes of water fall on my helmet's faceshield and that just as easily could have come from the window washer of the car in line in front of me. Every day the local forecast says 20 or 30% chance of rain and it never does (I guess because that means 70 or 80% chance of it not raining). We could use some rain here, for the grass and the garden.

I had to open my mouth and say something, now we're on the western edge of Tropical Storm Andrea, supposed to pass by here in the next 1-2 days. Just mostly a lot of rain, not much wind and storm surge predicted, then the whole system will march up the East Coast. Well, we could use the rain anyway, just hope nobody gets flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    I had to open my mouth and say something, now we're on the western edge of Tropical Storm Andrea, supposed to pass by here in the next 1-2 days. Just mostly a lot of rain, not much wind and storm surge predicted, then the whole system will march up the East Coast. Well, we could use the rain anyway, just hope nobody gets flooded.

haha yeah I was gonna say check the weather coz you will definitely be getting some rain. I blame our household .... we fixed the sprinkler system and like I said put new tires on my bike, sure way to create a rain storm lol. We live an hour North of Tampa on the west coast.

You're going to get hit with more severe weather than I will. Stay safe.

Yeah, the weatherman showed it heading ya'lls way the other day. Been through more than my share of that stuff, but this one looks like a lot of rain without a whole lot of wind. Still, bad news for you. Good luck guys.

So we survived! No damage, just a lot of rain. Beautiful today. Hardest part was having 4 stir crazy dogs in the house all day Looks like I might be able to squeeze in a ride later and break in my new tires!!

Sponosred Links