Revisiting one wheel trailers
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lizrdbrth
  • 1 Post By lizrdbrth

Thread: Revisiting one wheel trailers

I've been going through old posts both on here and ADVRider, looking at one wheel trailers suitable for off road use. I've been toying with the idea of riding the Trans America Trail from west to east on the TW200. I've admired the one wheel Dauntless Motors trailer that former member TW2007 (RIP Michael) used on his travels, and followed his travel blog when it was active.

Here's a picture of the setup for those that haven't seen it.

Does anyone have any details about it this trailer, or any better pictures? Has it stayed in the TW200 community? I'm curious to see what the frame, rear wheel mount, and suspension (if any) look like.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

My understanding was that Dauntless discontinued this trailer. Was great for road travel, but quite heavy and awkward for something like the T.A.T.

Some of us have put a lot of thought into building our own. Quite frankly having put considerable study into the subject I've not seen a more efficient setup than the one offered by our very own Mr. Bracket. Everything you need, yet nothing that you don't.

r80rt likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

These guys have been around for a while:

http://www.trailtail.com/wordpress/
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    .... I've not seen a more efficient setup than the one offered by our very own Mr. Bracket.

I was trying to look at those but his web site says they are currently not in production. I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to get an idea on pricing. I'd be interested in a pretty bare bones version. No box, no lighting, and preferably not even painted. The Rotopak mount would be nice to have though.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Bracketdood seems quite approachable and has tolerated beaucoup idiotic and overly verbose PM's from yours truly.

Hit him up directly. Near as I can determine he's had a lot going on late;y what with moving his shop, baby on the way and perfecting some new innovations to the trailers, so be patient.

r80rt likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi, yes, I've been super busy and will be until about August... I sell the basic trailer for $850. I am still finishing up a few orders and then I'll tear apart the shop and move it in July.

If you have any specific questions, fire away.

I am sending off a trailer for a TW today going to one our Candian brothers, hopefully he'll post up pics at some point.

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Been eying your trailer for some time. Thanks to Uncle Surgar giving me some extra "unpaid" days off this summer, I had to put my central Idaho tour off until next year (i.e. shortage of funds). However, putting off the tour gives me some extra time to save up to buy one of your trailers. This trailer would be perfect for this trip, extra fuel, storage, maybe even a doggy trailer!! Keep me in mind when you go back into production mrbracket.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links