I hate you all
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate you all

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Seriously you all kill me. I am desperately trying not to truly customize my Tdub, but it's so hard. Every single time I check the forums for some good tech advise I end up reading tons of posts about awesome ideas and customizing. It's not fair! This is the only vehicle I have ever left stock and that is not an easy thing for me to do. So stop it!

I have had bikes that where faster, better on the road, better on the track, better off road, louder, more powerful, sexier, every single thing except more fun than my TW. Does that poor little single scream when I am going from island to island at 65mph, heck yeah but I love it because it puts up with it and it is a blast when I get it into the sand or am cruising around the beach. No bike, not any of my Ducati's nor my show winning Harley have ever gotten so many complements or questions or given me such joy. I can't go to the gas station with out getting asked about it or getting "cool bike man".

Do I want the Procycle tail light kit and the Jimbo screen and a 6th gear and a kick star and dual sprockets and and..., yeah, but having the only thing I own that is as it was made (okay minus jetting and other unseen upgrades) get more comments, questions and approval than anything else is also great.

STOP MAKING IT SO HARD FOR ME TO KEEP IT STOCK!!!

(and also thanks, but yeah the other thing more so)

/rant
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

P.S. yes I even love the small footpegs, I ride foot down like a sport bike.
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I have a very good lookin' trump america with lots of chrome...I get noticed a lot even among harleys.. "BUT" my dub gets more compliments when I'm at the gas station..............Of course it maybe just the fact my wife and I have twin 06's and they do look nice.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Check out my sig!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Me thinks the infection is setting in. Muh-ha-ha-ha!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Mad Dawg, the only solution is to stop reading the forum. That's the true addiction.

PS> What sprocket are you running? You still have stock tires??
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

I got my TW mostly stock (someone painted it and had a 44 tooth sprocket on there, but that's it.)

I've mostly tried to do things to improve the rider experience as opposed to change the way it looks. I bought some 15 dollar foot pegs on ebay thinking "what the heck" but I prefer them quite a bit to the stamped steel stock ones. I also replaced the lights with LED lights and like that. And... I just mounted one of those tractor operator manual tubes under the left fear fender. I want to keep the bike looking really simple though. I don't like the cyclerack because it's weird looking to me. I changed the seat so that I removed the yamaha logo since I hate being a rolling billboard.

Otherwise I'm happiest with the stock 14:50 gearing I've got on there now. I keep nearly all of my vehicles 100% stock. The TW is the most modified vehicle I own, haha.

Here's those 15 buck foot pegs... I'm telling you that they're great for the money:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-2009-Ya...-/330938821959

I had to zing the end off of the springs to make them fit, but it's pretty self explanatory and took me about 10 minutes to install them using new cotter pins.

I feel like the TW is all about utility so I don't mind changing it up. It's also not collectible so I don't feel any remorse. Most of my other bikes are european and old, so I'm not going to be adding neon lights or chrome to them, haha.
    1993 TW200

I still run the stock sized sprockets. I don't think a sprocket change would really be beneficial here. Since its mostly marshes when you are going from island to island it gets pretty wide open and the wind can be strong since there is nothing high enough to slow it down, plus some of our bridges are fixed so they are kinda tall. I think the torque loss would end up making it harder to ride more than it would benefit from the lower RPMs. I am still thinking of getting a 47 and trying it though, if I like it I'll do the dual rear sprocket mod.

Still running stock rubber, she only has 3k miles as of Sunday. (Which means I put 2600 on it in almost a year) I like the stock rear but will probably go with the Shinko 244 soon.

Usually I mod my stuff so that it isn't like everyone else's and it is improved, most people have never seen one of our TWs and they aren't like anything else out there. The only real change I want to make is the storage tube (mostly hidden under fender) and something like the Moose Racing rack with pelican cases. I have a home made gorilla welded rack that attaches to the rear pad bolts and a really small safe that does the same in case I'm going somewhere and need to lock up my handgun, but I don't leave either of them on if I'm not using them.

Since I'm usually the one demanding pics and I had to create a photobucket account to upload for the Photo Tag game:

From the other side of those small shrubs all the way to the trees way in the background is all salt marsh

The end of the road

The one real mod I've done, a huge and very loud horn. Helps to keep the cages away

Nice looking bike (but I am a little biased towards that particular year).

That's a serious horn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links