This is just not right!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First of all, I am not looking for any sympathy. Motorcycles are my principle hobby (and to be honest, they are an addiction) and I am fortunate to currently own 8 bikes, 6 of which are licensed for street use. I will also admit that I am not the best financial manager and rarely even look at the motorcycle insurance statements that I get in the mail.

However, after following a recent thread in which some of you reported what you were paying for insurance, I decided that I would actually look at the next statement that I received. Today I got a statement from State Farm for the next 6 months coverage for my 2005 Yamaha TW200. Here is what I am currently paying for:

Liability Coverage 100K/300K/50K ____________________ $12.98

Comprehensive $100 Deductible ______________________ $26.83

Total _____________________________________________ $39.81

That seems reasonable so far, until you see what comes next!

Uninsured Motor Vehicle Coverage 100K/300K ___________ $36.82

Uninsured Motor Vehicle Property Damage Coverage ______ $ 7.62

Total _____________________________________________ $44.44

Grand Total _______________________________________ $84.25

It appears that I am buying the same liability coverage as I have for essentially 3 other uninsured, deadbeat drivers that I do not even know! Throw in the vehicle property damage coverage for these deadbeats and more than half of my payment goes towards uninsured motorists.

I understand that uninsured motorists are a problem, and it is important to have additional coverage to protect yourself against them, but this seems to be a bit extreme to me. Is this just a California thing, a State Farm thing, or do I just need to be a better shopper for vehicle insurance?

Rant over.

Thats how it is for me as well in SC but it's worth every penny in my opinion. There will always be some asshats that make our life harder by living on welfare with no insurance and making bad choices everyday blaming everyone but themselves for their problems. It's just a part of life. Unless you want to be one of them you just have to suck it up and pay extra for those rare times you may need it. The worst part of this whole thing is that if you have it you will probably never need it and vice versa. My point being... I feel ya brotha!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    That seems a little high to me, at the least you should be getting one major multi police discount for the 6 street bikes. It wouldn't hurt to call your agent and/or spend some free time getting quotes from other companies just to see. That may be a good rate, but it may also be an old rate that they haven't lowered or readjusted since you haven't asked them to recheck your policy.

Also a chain or cable and a padlock counts as an anti theft device for a motorcycle, that gets me a $15/year discount.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys, don't complain. I just got my renewal. TW 200, third party only!! Uninsured Motor Vehicle Coverage & Uninsured Motor Vehicle Property Damage Coverage is not even available here. Yearly cost $333.12 for just one TW 200!!!!.

Keeping in mind that I have insured with the same company both my TW 200s, Dodge Durango, Isuzu Rodeo and my house, incl. hurricane insurance. I just hope I never need to claim. Not sure they would be able to pay.

Hope you feel better now regarding your premium.

A phone call only takes a minute. You guy's should call Geico at: 1-800-841-3000, I have always found them cheaper than any other motorcycle insurance. I had a friend call them after I told him about Geico and he saved about $250.00 a year on his car and motorcycle. Needless to say, he was very pleased. I have used them for decades and they were always cheaper. Just sayin...call and see for yourself.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by "lil" Tommy View Post
    A phone call only takes a minute. You guy's should call Geico at: 1-800-841-3000, I have always found them cheaper than any other motorcycle insurance. I had a friend call them after I told him about Geico and he saved about $250.00 a year on his car and motorcycle. Needless to say, he was very pleased. I have used them for decades and they were always cheaper. Just sayin...call and see for yourself.

Tell them to branch out to the Turks & Caicos Islands. They can make a fortune here. All our insurance companies have the same rates.......all of them!!! What a coincidence, isn't it?!?!?

Uninsured motorist coverage, at any cost, is worth it here in Newer Mexico where about 40% of drivers are here illeagly and uninsured! You HAVE to cover your own ass here. Nuff said.

PS i'm with GEICO for about $16 per year, with 2 other bikes, one with full coverage.

just be glad your not in Michigan, they make us pay a little less than 200 for catastrophic claims. and they charge you that on every vehicle you own. so you cant really get affordable insurance here.
    Matt

2001 TW200, 2011 Heritage Softail Classic, 2005 Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by chevitz View Post
    just be glad your not in Michigan, they make us pay a little less than 200 for catastrophic claims. and they charge you that on every vehicle you own. so you cant really get affordable insurance here.
    X2................. It sucks big time... And my wife and I own 4 bikes and two trucks and one car.......... OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    X2................. It sucks big time... And my wife and I own 4 bikes and two trucks and one car.......... OMM.

I hear you, I have two cars, two bikes, plus my wifes car and our sons car. we pay six times for just three drivers. I wish they would just charge us yearly for a drivers license, and get it once from every driver.
    Matt

2001 TW200, 2011 Heritage Softail Classic, 2005 Rhino

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links