Suggestion needed
Close

After the first NorCal group ride I had a list of to do's, to do! First on the list was to deal with the spitting and sputtering in water crossings. I did the carb vent mod as suggested by other members on the board. Thanks guys. I also sealed electrical connections with dielectric grease. Not well tested on ride #2 because water levels are down. Next on the list was bar vibration. I had tingleing fingers for well over a week! No kidding! I was concerned that it could be a medical problem popping up. Using another members suggestion, I filled the bars with silicone chalk. It worked! No tingles. Next, MrBracket had a BIG box on his bike that made access to all his goodies quick and easy. I had to have one. A dumpster dive and done! Well almost done. A little Fusion paint on the lid and globs of rattle can bed liner in and on the rest, and done. Next, staying with Tony's matra for TW, Tight Wad, I made a pair of add on oversized pegs. When I say oversized I mean it! It is now hard to up shift for lack of room. Here is where I need help. Is there a shift lever that will fit the T Dub that is about an inch longer? Or should I use Tony's method and stretch the original to make it more useable. I have the ability. Back to the top box. I like the fuctionality of it. Coming off of a 4x4 ATV with front and rear boxes, I like to carry more with me than I probley need. My problem with the box is when I mount and dismount the bike. Being short legged and cripple kneed, I need to use the pegs to stand on to get on and off. This is not a problem most of the time, but if I can't ude the kick stand for any reason, the only other way to get off is to fall off! I don't want to! What have your experiences been with side boxes or side bags in this regard? Do you think this is a better way for me to go? I want to be ready for NorCal ride #3. Suggestions please.

Joemama

hey joe,

1. silicone caulk? did you just squeeze it in until it came out the other side? i get that tingling too sometimes.

2. your "bear trap" pegs are great, but i can see them interfering with your shifter. the one that i bought is longer and sticks farther forward, it made a difference with my boots.

3 without trading out your box for a shorter one ala pelican case, i'm not sure what you could do. that one you have is really high.

i sure enjoyed pt II and look forward to pt III!

take care,

joe
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Joe, The filled handle bars did the trick. On ride #1 I'm sure you remember seeing me shaking life back into my fingers several times. Ride #2, no such problem. My hands got a little tired but that happens nowadays with any constant use. To fill the bars I removed the grips and from the left side held the gun tight to the bars and squeezed until it was filled to about an inch from the right side. I didn't want to get any in the throttle tube. Ride #1 I use a Dewalt box about the size of your Pelican and had a bag strapped on top. I really don't want to leave any thing at home that I am now carrying, you never know. My emergency kit came in handy. What shift lever are you useing? Do you think it would solve my BEAR TRAP problem? Tail light is fixed.

Joe

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

joe,

i may have to try that bar trick, just standard bath and shower silicone?

checking my mr bracket "build a bike" page, my shifter is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Racing...-/111077834599

i can't guarantee it will give you clearance, but it's greater than the stock, with a different angle too.

was your tail light just the brake pedal activator needing to be adjusted?

joe

ps: you do know the last cal grizzly was killed in 1922 right?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Joe,

I used painters chulk with silicone. I think any type would work. Yes, the rear brake activator needed adjusted. No big deal. I have added an inch to my shift lever and I think this will be much better. I will still be checking on an after market, longer one. Thanks for the info. I know that the Griz in California had been exterminated long ago. I did not know that 1922 was the year. Thanks for the leason.

Joe

Sponosred Links