I Joined Up!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Joined Up!

Well I joined up!

I was sort of odd man out in the 2 Sheet Iron rides. My name is Darrell and I was the only one who didn’t own a TW. Although I was a Lurker to this forum, I was not a member until now. But thanks to my good buddy Tony for loaning me his “Parts Bike” which allowed me to fit right in with the TW crowd. Incidentally his “Parts Bike” (which I helped him buy or should I say I helped him spend his money), runs like a watch and is the farthest thing from a parts bike! Especially now that it has some knobbies and a battery that allows the magic button to work!

I can’t begin to say what a nice group of guys made these 2 trips. We basically took a bunch of strangers that had never met in person, yet collectively we immediately formed a cohesive team. Everyone looked out for each other, and everyone had something to contribute. What a tribute to the personalities. And this made the 2nd trip more like a family reunion. To each and every one of you (JoeBand, Joemomma, Josh, Mike, Brian, MrBracket, Mikehouseofmadness, and of course my spendthrift friend Tony) thanks for a great ride and great company.

So after 2 great rides and the prospect for more, I figured I best join up. And Tony now has me perusing craigslist looking at TW’s. I get the feeling he wants me to spend money...imagine that. And when I sent him one that caught my interest, he was quick to point out that I would need a 2nd one for my Son. I haven’t even bought the 1st TW, and he is trying to up-sell me a 2nd bike!

At any rate, for now I am just a wantabe.
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

Sounds like you are a gonnabe. Good people make good experiences. And it sounds like you are with a known crowd. Enjoy. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Woohoo!

Welcome Darrell, even though you are really already almost an old timer.

Don't be in too big of a hurry to get your own TW, you've already got a pretty sweet arrangement with Tony's "parts bike". How's he doing with your newest list of needed improvements that you've given him?

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

hey darrell!

welcome to the madness (mike's or otherwise). you are a real trooper to have returned to the sheetiron pt II after tony tried to scare you off with the slicks on the "parts bike", and your skills showed recovery after recovery on the slick trails. thank you for having made my rides better.

until the cow mountain round up, ride on!

joe
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Why do I live on the other side of the country....
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

welcome, I just assumed you were already on this Forum. Very fun riding with you and the gang. lots of laughs and fun exploring NorCal with other Tw riders who like to take their time and enjoy the scenery. We'll have to see if we can get a few more riders for the cow mountain round up and of course once again show up the SoCal slackers.... I have yet to see any pics to back up their claim that they even went on a group ride....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Welcome to the madness Darrell!
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    Why do I live on the other side of the country....

Must be something to do with jobs, wife, and family!

But, since a lot of us Westerners are riding well into our seventies, there's still hope!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Darrell, or as Tony would say Big D.

Welcome to the forum. I was surprised you did not do this sooner. Is it the 98 down your way the TW you are looking at? To me, it has your name all over it. Now I am trying to help YOU spend money. It sound like you have good hideing spots for bikes so just go for it. I thought your reference to a reunion was spot on. Looking forward to the next reunion at the Cow Mt. Roundup.

Joemama

Quote Originally Posted by Joemama View Post
    Is it the 98 down your way the TW you are looking at? To me, it has your name all over it. Now I am trying to help YOU spend money.

....that's a clean looking '98, and i bet tony'll give you a deal on some slicks for it!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links