New old guy with a new old TW
Close

Hi to all and nice to find this forum. A pal who is a member here, Bucknutz, is to blame for this addiction.

He has a few bikes and wanted me to ride one of his with him. We love to fish and hunt around home here in the NY Catskill mountains. The big problem I had is ever since I retired I have had a very faithful companion, she is now 6 years old a Brittany and my partner in everything I do and everywhere I go. Bucknutz drove his TW up one afternoon and we went to work fashioning a basket for my 35 pound dog. All went well and we took off for a day of riding and fishing.

The rest of the story in my next post once I am sure I am doing things right with photo posting.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Now that I see things are working, The rest of the story!

After our ride, we had a blast and the dog loved it, I set out on a hunting expedition to find a TW. It was not easy but I sure did luck out. I found a 1991 TW200 owned buy a fellow my age and it had just 675 miles on it. It looked like it just came from the showroom and he claimed it only ever got wet from washing it. He drove it around a camp ground.

I got it home and am getting it dialed in for a nice summer play toy so we can get up in the hills and find the back road streams to fish.

I had to remove all those ridiculous stickers which I found very interesting on a 22 year old bike.

Oh Yea, Almost forgot a good pic of my first TW Trout.

That's my story and I am sticking with it. Hope to see you all cruising the back roads and enjoying these great machines.

Gary
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Wow, a great find and a great reason to get a TW.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You don't look so old to me.

The more I ride my TW the more I like it. It is coming up on 20K miles since I bought it and now it is true love! You be careful or the same thing will happen to you.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Welcome!,great score on the bike...old,yea right.

Some days I feel twice my age but it will be better next year when the SS checks begin. Funny how all of those old injuries from Enduro and MX riding come back to haunt us as we age.

I think I did score on the bike but I still have not found a good picture of another 1991 TW that is the same color scheme. I am pretty sure this is a totally original TW and I know they made them that year in 2 different color schemes but I can't find my exact same bike on the net.

I just bought a new Cycleracks rear rack for her and it won't work for my application. Spoke with the guys at Cycleracks, great to deal with!, and they are making one that will work and it is on the way. Someone will get a nice, brand new rear rack because the expense of shipping it back is too much.

Sponosred Links