haul bike on front bumper?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhodetrip

Thread: haul bike on front bumper?

haul bike on front bumper?

I have a camper on my Silverado pick-up which makes it impossible to haul my bike on the back bumper. I am considering putting a hitch on the front of the truck and hauling up front but I want to discuss it with someone who is already doing this. Anyone out there hauling their bike on the front of their truck?

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    I remember someone on the old forum doing this and having an issue with the fat tires blocking the headlights.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I had a hitch mount receiver installed on the front of my small motorhome. It has a Ford chassis. This spring, I pulled my Suzuki Grand Vitara behind and carried my Tw on the front of the motorhome on a trip to St. George and Moab, Utah. It did work great; I did limit my night time driving and had no trouble with the lights. The TW would have partially blocked my head lights so, knowing this, I just planned changing locations for daylight.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

nice to know. If I do this I think I will have some headlamps installed on the rack. I am surprised that this is not done much for those that have campers in the pickup.

I've done it as well. I have a Dodge 3500 diesel DRW with a Northern lite camper. The bike blocks the headlights, cuts down on air flow to the engine, gets covered with bugs and road grime, but it works. It also was kind of heavy with an aftermarket bumper, diesel engine, and the heavy bike carrier on there. Once we bought Mrs Trip her own bike, I started pulling an enclosed trailer instead.
    rm_hm likes this.

Sponosred Links