New here
Close

Thread: New here

New here

Hi all.. Just discovered your forum. Awesum! I am looking to get a TW and am looking at a used one with 13,000km 2005 that was bought new by a fella running a bike training school that is no longer. I had a dirt bike a young kid. Honda rebel later in life. I certainly am no expert on bikes but will be soon now that i have found this 8-). Asking price is 3400$. I live on Vancouver island in Canada.
    Any advice, is this reasonable price? What would a bike be like that hsd mostly been ridin around in a parking lot by newbies?

Sounds as tho he is not stiff on price and i hoping to charm him down with my ladylike manners....

rbm
    Hello and welcome! The price sounds a bit high to me but I'd research what they are selling for locally. Also, since it was a trainer, I'd pay close attention to the clutch, it's probably fine but could be worn, that's a fair amount of miles for having been ridden in a parking lot all it's life.

TW prices are high here. You might want to look at this one, $500 more but a 2012 with 500kms. 2012 TW200 On/Off Road Motorbike West Shore: Langford,Colwood,Metchosin,Highlands, Victoria
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would look around a bit more. Had to do a bit of driving, but that's just another adventure. 1300 and it was good to go. Lots of good ones under 2000. I have two and love them. That is about what he paid for it new.

Price

Quote Originally Posted by TracyK View Post
    Hi all.. Just discovered your forum. Awesum! I am looking to get a TW and am looking at a used one with 13,000km 2005 that was bought new by a fella running a bike training school that is no longer. I had a dirt bike a young kid. Honda rebel later in life. I certainly am no expert on bikes but will be soon now that i have found this 8-). Asking price is 3400$. I live on Vancouver island in Canada.
    Any advice, is this reasonable price? What would a bike be like that hsd mostly been ridin around in a parking lot by newbies?

Sounds as tho he is not stiff on price and i hoping to charm him down with my ladylike manners....
    Tracy
    If it were me, I would check around for other bikes. The price seems quite high. Once you get a TW, it will grow on you. I have had many bikes and still enjoy my TW far more than any other bike I have owned. I guess thats why I still have my original 1987 that I bought new.. Good luck!!!! Rich

Thks for the advice. I got a little excited about gettin one. That one wuz beat up and expensive. Sheesh!! But... I am going for the other one on Tuesday! Thanks for the lead jk wheelin! Maybe in 48hrs i will be sporting one.

Ps i love that i am junior! How appropriate.

Ok so.... I can get a 2012 with 500km for 4000$ or there is one other 2005 that is in great shape with just over 9000km.... Which do you think is money better spent? Hopefully this is a reasonable question to ask of you!

Personally I would go for lower mileage (kilometerage?)
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Sponosred Links