New to me T-Dub.
Close

New to me T-Dub.

My new T-Dub - it came looking somewhat like this although I polished it up a bit. (If you think the rear license plate/tail light holder is ugly now you should have see it before). I Have white plastics to put it back but I kind of like it as is... we'll see. Unfortunately the PO lost the left side black panel. She's a '98, paid $1300.

Runs mostly well except at full throttle/high RPM. Feels like I'm running out of gas. The fuel hose was kinked with a strait in-line fuel filter so I bypassed it for now and ordered an angled one. That didn't seem to do much though so I'll try running some Sea-Foam through it once the gas gets a bit lower in the tank before I go to the trouble of pulling the carb. Carbs were always a bit of a mystery to me so I try to avoid pulling them apart.
    Last edited by p0diabl0; 06-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Congrats and welcome to the sickness
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Sponosred Links