A couple questions about the "new" forum.
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cptrout
  • 1 Post By rm_hm

Thread: A couple questions about the "new" forum.

A couple questions about the "new" forum.

I have asked these questions in other people’s threads and received no response so I thought I would start a new thread.

I am just curious about the hosts of this grand party that we all attend. I also wonder if we should keep donating to Chopper Charles for this awesome place.
    1) Who owns or runs the new forum? I assume it is a company since “they” also have sister forums for other bikes.
    2) Who is NickJ? Do you own a TW? Are you just an IT / business guy or are you into bikes?
    3) Are the previous Reputation Points gone for good? Lizardbrth and other awesome dudes had deservedly earned many points over the years and they were a good way for new people to evaluate who the good guys were. I had to see them lose the results of all that effort.

Thanks new hosts – could you please tell us more about yourselves and what your future plans for the forum are?

Thanks,

Old White Truck

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by old white truck View Post
    I have asked these questions in other people’s threads and received no response so I thought I would start a new thread.

I am just curious about the hosts of this grand party that we all attend. I also wonder if we should keep donating to Chopper Charles for this awesome place.
    1) Who owns or runs the new forum? I assume it is a company since “they” also have sister forums for other bikes.
    2) Who is NickJ? Do you own a TW? Are you just an IT / business guy or are you into bikes?
    3) Are the previous Reputation Points gone for good? Lizardbrth and other awesome dudes had deservedly earned many points over the years and they were a good way for new people to evaluate who the good guys were. I had to see them lose the results of all that effort.

Thanks new hosts – could you please tell us more about yourselves and what your future plans for the forum are?

Thanks,

Old White Truck
    +1, my guess is the site was sold or Charles has to take on ads to pay for the upgrade, not that it matters to me...

The website is now registered to Dan Kiehl at Forumfoundry.com. I don't see Charles name anywhere. Check out forumfoundry.com and I think you'll figure it out.
    old white truck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Google says he is.....

Vice President Forum Foundry Inc
    Austin, Texas Area

"Forum Foundry is one of the leading Internet companies developing online communities from the ground up. However we also acquire established Internet Forums to integrate into our existing network. If your interested in selling your website, please contact us for details on how we handle such a transaction."

"We offer all types of advertising solutions including rich-media, integrated content, e-newsletters, and other special sponsorship opportunities.

Our advertising partners benefit from one of the most targeted advertising markets available anywhere. For more details and a media kit, please contact us by filling out the form below"

I had a "sponsored ad" pop up in every forum catagory advertising a local speedway. It probably uses my ip address to guess where I am at.

Some more info.....

Advertisers Can Reach Enthusiasts in Forum Foundry's Highly Targeted Online Communities Using Clearly-Labeled Sponsored Posts

LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Giving advertisers a highly targeted way to reach enthusiasts of the iPhone, video games, ATVs, motorcycles, photography and even parrots, PostRelease[R] (www.PostRelease.com) today announced that Forum Foundry, Inc. (www.ForumFoundry.com) has added 27 of its forums to the PostRelease forum network.

Beginning immediately, companies with messages relevant to these highly targeted online communities can set up a campaign to insert clearly labeled sponsored posts into targeted online forum discussions.

PostRelease is automated but audited - all posts are reviewed to ensure the content is relevant to the discussion topic. It is this quality control that makes PostRelease so effective: in its year-long beta, PostRelease click-through rates averaged 33 percent, with highs reaching nearly 90 percent.

"PostRelease is the first revenue stream we considered when looking into monetizing our forum communities," said John Gonzalez, Forum Foundry owner. "Each of our forums offers advertisers a dedicated audience of people who are enthusiastic about particular products or activities. PostRelease provides an efficient and effective advertising solution that enhances the user experience while driving extremely high response rates for advertisers."

"PostRelease enables forum owners and advertisers to connect with each other in a way that benefits the forum owner, the advertiser and the forum user," said Justin Choi, founder and president of Cie Studios, creator of PostRelease. "Forum owners receive relevant content and a plug-in revenue stream, while advertisers can share information about their company, product or service to a hyper-targeted audience in a way that is not intrusive and can actually enhance the discussion. We're pleased to add Forum Foundry's sites to our growing network of forums."

PostRelease helps companies reach targeted audiences at the point where opinions are being formed and buying decisions made.

PostRelease posts can include text, pictures, hyperlinks and links to video. The posts are clearly marked as from PostRelease, and they remain in the lead position (toward the top of the post list page) of selected forum discussion categories for seven days. Once released from the top position, the post remains part of the forum discussion. These posts are archived as forum content, so they continue to generate responses long after a campaign ends.

According to an analysis of PostRelease results over the past year, the effectiveness of individual posts increases over time -- with response rates growing as much as 70 percent six months later -- because people can discover those posts directly from search engines.

Among the Forum Foundry forums added to the PostRelease network:
    [TABLE OMITTED]

About PostRelease

PostRelease[R] (www.PostRelease.com) is the first effective solution for online forum advertising and influencing word-of-mouth forum discussions. It enables companies to insert sponsored posts into targeted online forum discussions. PostRelease empowers marketers to become part of the conversation in forums, at a time when opinions are being formed and purchase decisions are being made. PostRelease was created by Cie Studios, a digital media lab based in Long Beach, Calif.
    Last edited by rm_hm; 07-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    old white truck likes this.

Sponosred Links