94 mpg
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 94 mpg

94 mpg

I just gassed up on the way home from work. My last 3 fill-ups were 92, 94, and 91 mpg...hard to beat that.

That is great MPG! Did you divide the 94 by 1.5. That is if you have a stock 1.5 gallon tank. I divided your 94 by 1.5 and got 62.6 MPG. Are you running the bike till you hit reserve to get that figure, or till empty on reserve? Do you still have stock gears? What do you weigh? I run a stock 06 and get 83 miles per tank. At 83 on the odometer I hit the reserve. However I weigh 280 Pounds. Dividing the 83 Miles per tank I get 55.3 MPG.

That is great!

I too have a stock 06, and I'm getting 85 mpg consistantly. I take the miles on my trip odometer, which I reset at every fill up, then divide that number by the amount of fuel I put in. I buy my fuel with a card, so I get a receipt everytime I fill up. I'm 220 lbs, and my commute is all road, with 45 mph being the highest posted speed.
    Swamp

2006 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Just curious, have you tinkered with the carb rejetting and all. I get around 65 66 mph. I too weigh 260 with a 47 tooth Rear. Most of my driving is under 45. I have hit 70 with the wind to my back, but rarely push it like that and only for a mile or so as I don't have far to go.

I too have a (nearly) stock 06 and I calculate mileage the same as Swamp. I fill the tank to the same level each time and compare the amount of gas to fill it to the miles on the trip odometer. This method should be very accurate if you fill to the same level each time since you're basically measuring the amount of gas used since the previous fill and comparing that to the miles traveled in that same period.
    I typically hit reserve at around 120 miles. The previous fill up I hit reserve at 125 miles, and put in exactly 1.500 gallons with 141.4 miles on the trip odometer. So, 141.4/1.5 = 94.27 mpg.
    Like Swamp I too have a gas card and I get a receipt with each fill up so I track mpg on every tank.
    I'm running a stock front sprocket with a 45t rear. I weigh 130 lbs soaking wet. My commute is all street with 45 mph max speed limit. I hate my commute but love the ride so the TW makes my 2+ hours round trip tolerable.

I hit reserve no-where near 120 miles.......I usually shift at 5000ish rpm's.....sometimes when I'm feeling froggy,I'll shift in the mid-upper 6000 range.I've rejetted the main to a #130 and did the usual pilot screw turns etc....but,I usually hit reserve around 80 miles. My cruising speed on the back roads is between 45-50 mph?....I only have alittle over 1300 miles,so perhaps it will improve in the next several thousand or so miles?.

89 TW with 2100 miles. up one size on main jet.
    80 miles on main tank, ammo box and Kolpin 1.5 on rack.
    I'm 240 lbs except when airborn.
    Old As Dirt,

Living in Las Vegas and loving it.

My wife and I own a set of 06s... I have over 10,000 miles she has 8,000 miles. We hit reserve about 95 mile range.... We get 80+ mpg every time..Omm.

Hi all! Love these threads on MPG. Mine is an '02 and the rear sprocket got changed to a 42T which for my use is right on. The bike sees primarily in town errand running use, I'm 170lbs and speeds are typically in the 35 to 50mph range. Mileage has been over 90mpg so far.

I want to encourage those with a bit of the hyper-miler in them to check out http://www.fuelly.com. This is a website dedicated to recording and sharing you vehicles mpg, kinda a social sharing site for mpg geeks.

I have stock everything and get an average of 75 MPG. I have only put 20,500 miles on my TW so I think I am just getting it broke in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links