If all goes well, Ill have a TW tomorrow
Close

If all goes well, Ill have a TW tomorrow

Driving 6 hrs round trip tomorrow to pick up a 2007 TW 200 with 2500 miles. I had a 87 back in 88 and now I have the place and time to ride, so Im getting another. The owner says its better than new and never off road. He's a gun smith so lets hope he's analistic about this bike. I will report tomorrow.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Good luck...getting some sleep tonight!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Love the 2007 color scheme good luck on the trip!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well, made the trip with no problems. Stopped by Harbor Freight and picked up a reece hitch motorcycle hauler and it actually looks fairly well made. I used grade 8 bolts instead of the cheap bolts in the box. Anyway, using my 2011 GMC Canyon 4x4 extra cab, the bike rode great. I rode it around the farm a few times and then down the road a piece, I forgot about bugs. Next time I will wear my glasses. Tomorrow its off to the DMV and then a proper road trip. It seemed thou 45 mph felt like 65mph on the small bike. The po had drilled out the inside of the muffler and drilled (4) 1/2" holes in the airbox and removed all the safety switches except the clutch. He's a gunsmith, so he said he did the proper break in, oil at 20 miles, then 100, reg oil until 1000 miles and then Amsoil for the next 1500. I may replace the airbox cover he drilled out but I dont mind the rest of his mods. Oh yea , he put on a new o ring chain and a 15 tooth front sprocket. Its got a Yamaha rear rack and included 3 keys, owners manual, service/parts cd, extra oil filter and exhaust filter. I assume the tool kit is there, I will look tomorrow. Do you guys think I should keep using Amsoil?

Was that Amsoil synthetic? If so, you might want to reconsider using synthetic, many, many people end up with leaks after switching. The TWs were not really designed for synthetic oils, just something to think about...

Enjoy that new ride!!

Yes it was synthetic. He is one of those Amsoil guys that has it in every motor he owns.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    If it's already been running with it for 1500 miles, I would stick with it. I would think that it is a great product for the TW. It's true that some of the middle years of the 20-ought decade have had some base gasket problems, just keep an eye on it. If you search the forum, you will surely find the "oil wars" threads discussing "THE" oil to use. Congrats on the bike!!! Safe and happy riding to you.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Sponosred Links