Hey all, new guy here with a question
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all, new guy here with a question

Hey ya'll , new to this forum, not new to bikes, I am however new to this forum and to the TW's.

That is where my question lies, I have been watching CL and the bay..and it just seems most used tw's go pretty dang high, unless of course they have been "customized" (egaads what people will do to a poor MC ) and then they might be a bit cheaper. Other peoples engine mods scare me, most are done like a ham fisted monkey, or a rat on acid; your choice

So, here's is the question(s).
    I can get a new 2013 TW, OTD ..taxes , tags...for less than $3700.
    I am having a hard time figuring how paying 2500-3000 for a late model used bike even if it is low miles, is even a deal or even a 8-10 year old bike for 1200-1500.

I have bought a bunch of used bikes in my time..the prices aren't making sense to me.

What am I missing ?

Thanks and thanks for a easy reading forum, lots of info here, and I haven't even scratched the surface.
    Steve in the swamps of NC

$3700 is almost 1K off MSRP! with a color change for 2014 the dealer must be blowing out his remaining inventory. Go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sesmith View Post
    I can get a new 2013 TW, OTD ..taxes , tags...for less than $3700.
    This is a no brainer, if you can afford it. 0 miles, full warranty, YOU get to make all the decisions on mods and farkles, and best of all, YOU get to break it in perfectly! Change that oil at 30, 200, 500, and 1,000 and re-use the original filter. Look up threads on break-in here.

You will have about the most perfect TW it is possible to own.....now THAT peace of mind is priceless!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Steve, Last time I did a NC Craigslist search for TW200 there was a bike listed in NC with 2 extra sets of tires and wheels. Thats about $2000 extra right there. Heck, I even looked it up for you.Yamaha TW200 Dual sport

If this one is not for you, $3700 is awesome price.

Wow that is a great deal. Just a few weeks ago the dealer told me 4400 otd.

Quote Originally Posted by Little General View Post
    Steve, Last time I did a NC Craigslist search for TW200 there was a bike listed in NC with 2 extra sets of tires and wheels. Thats about $2000 extra right there. Heck, I even looked it up for you.Yamaha TW200 Dual sport

If this one is not for you, $3700 is awesome price.
    Hey man, thanks for that, I have seen that one. That is exactly what I am talking about, that is 13 maybe 14 years old, and asking 2k...and I didn't see mileage listed.
    I mean to me thats crazy, a TW is a dirt bike (well kinda) but I reckon the market warrants that kinda money.

I am trying to get a feel for the going prices on these things, so thanks for your input, I know that one has lots of extras, the pelican case is prolly 300 plus.

Hey I'm cheap, I figured a 10 year old 200cc dirt bike should be 700-800 bucks

No brainer...that is me sometimes.lol

and yea I can afford it, I've spent more than that on flow work alone, I used to race a bit, straight line stuff.

That break in schedule is..hmm kinda odd, these things must create some chips.

thanks everybody for the comments all are very appreciated !

I bought new because I found myself in the same boat you're in. All the local used bikes were within $1000-$1500 of the price of a new one on clearance, so I got a new 2011 in 2012.

And welcome to the forum from a relocated tarheel! (Raleigh, Greenville, Kinston)
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    I bought new because I found myself in the same boat you're in. All the local used bikes were within $1000-$1500 of the price of a new one on clearance, so I got a new 2011 in 2012.

And welcome to the forum from a relocated tarheel! (Raleigh, Greenville, Kinston)
    Looks like it is going to be that way with me. I usually buy used... trucks, bikes ;guns. I have bought 3 new bikes in my life and I 'm 54, and have been riding since I was 10-11.

We were out your way end of June, we did a road/camping trip. Man that is a huge climate change for a tarheel ! I m from outside of Lumberton.

Thanks for the input !

Quote Originally Posted by sesmith View Post
    Hey man, thanks for that, I have seen that one. That is exactly what I am talking about, that is 13 maybe 14 years old, and asking 2k...and I didn't see mileage listed.
    I mean to me thats crazy, a TW is a dirt bike (well kinda) but I reckon the market warrants that kinda money.

I am trying to get a feel for the going prices on these things, so thanks for your input, I know that one has lots of extras, the pelican case is prolly 300 plus.

Hey I'm cheap, I figured a 10 year old 200cc dirt bike should be 700-800 bucks
    Excuse me it does have the mileage, a pic of the odo, 13k plus..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links