50 miles today
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 50 miles today

50 miles today

Today early in the morning I set up to explore more of the back roads north and west of Royal Palm Beach in Florida.
    I put 50 miles in two hours. Great riding and beautiful environs, but my butt was starting to hurt and didn't matter shifting back an forth or sideways, the pain was still there.
    I have seen in this forum the use of an over-seat sold by WalMart, but I have never seen it in our local one. Is that a specialized item for only some Walmarts?
    Can anybody please direct me to the item number or some sort of identifier for it. I have to get one. Thanks.

This is the product everyone talks about. Coleman ATV Comfort Ride Seat Protector: Automotive : Walmart.com

However, you may wish to look at the Seat Concepts route instead as I have the ATV seat protector and it seems just as hard and uncomfortable as the stock. Here is the link to the seat concepts site. Seat Concepts - Products

Lance
    2013 TW200

2003 TW200 (Wife's Bike)

2013 Ultra Classic Limited

2008 Street Glide

They were made by stearns company............... I think they are called something else now............... Most guys order them and pick them up from wally-world.. About $20.00 "I think".. They do ease the pain some what. We have them on our dubs.. For us it doubles the useful miles without severe pain.... Others will chime in I'm sure with more up to date prices etc.. It's well worth the few $$$ spent. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    They were made by stearns company............... I think they are called something else now............... Most guys order them and pick them up from wally-world.. About $20.00 "I think".. They do ease the pain some what. We have them on our dubs.. For us it doubles the useful miles without severe pain.... Others will chime in I'm sure with more up to date prices etc.. It's well worth the few $$$ spent. OMM.
    I saw some the other day at my local Wal-Mart.

Thanks everybody for your input.
    With the information provided, I found out that in Walmart, it is an "In-Store" item only and that they don't carry it in any of the Walmarts in this region. But with the correct description, I googled it and Amazon.com has it at ~$19 Amazon.com: Coleman Comfort Ride ATV Seat Protector: Sports & Outdoors
    I will try this one first, and if it doesn't do the trick, then I will go the route of the Seat Concepts.
    Again, thanks to you all.
    Scutler likes this.

I found that the seat cover from Coleman was better than nothing but; still I got the money butt. I did try improving on the pad. I took a kneeing pad used by gardeners and stuffed it under the Coleman pad. It did improve the comfort a little. I even use bike riding shorts; they help a bit. I am good for about 100 miles and than it is time to relax on something other than the TW.

I just installed the Coleman one from Wally World and did 55 miles today. Better, Yes. Worth the $21, Yes. Great, NO!

Thanks for posting this because all along I have been thinking it is just my aching back.

GaryL

Ron, I'm assuming you meant to say "money butt", i.e. that you were ready for something more expensive (or expansive) than a Wallyworld seat. If not it was a good Freudian slip. I've always wanted to try one of those beaded Korean Taxi driver seats. The idea is to have a way of shifting to new pressure points at will. Lack of air and too much pressure are the problems. I know from long distance bicycle days. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

The Coleman seat works OK. And I guess is like riding horse for the first time, I still remember the pains and aches after.
    Now I'm OK with and without the seat cover. Can't tell yet for very long rides, but it was the same with horses, you just get used to the darn saddle!!!! Note: My saddle was a McClelan and suposedly one of the most comfortable ones, still hurt tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple years ago I found an adjustable air seat pad in the hunting dept at walmart, it was camouflage. I still use it on top of the sterns cover and it helps a lot. I havent seen them there recently and I believe it was call 'bum saver' or something similar. what was neat that you could adjust the amount of air in it for comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links