TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Long time lurker

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  HappyHiker 
#1 ·
I have been a lurker of these forums for quite some time. Just wanted to pop out and and say "Hello" and thanks to everyone for posting great information that has added to the enjoyment I get from my TW. I have owned my TW for 2 years and it's a great bike and complements my KLR650 very nicely.

I really enjoy looking at everyones photos and mods, so here's mine:
2006 TW200

Cyclerack, tank saddlebags (not pictured) and Actionpacker are the only mods so far. Wishlist includes Jimbo shield, skid plate, handguards, improved footpegs, Kolpin fuel pack, better mirrors and new tires but otherwise a fantastic bike, stock.

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome!!! That is a great looking bike.
Thanks!

Figured I'd might as well jump on this thread...
I'm also a long-time lurker and admirer of the TW200. Sadly I've been off the bike (all bikes) for a few years, sold them right before my son was born. Now that he's a few years older it might be time for papa to enjoy a hobby again, I've been eyeing craigslist/this forum for a while looking for a nearby TW.
Although I dream of trail riding, the truth is I'll probably be confined to the big city (some streets in Philly are more like offroad trails anyway...) Any advice/stories from fellow city riders?
Thank you all for you postings and info on this forum.
Yay! Lurkers unite! (quietly...)

My story is remarkably similar. :) I dream of trail riding as well, but most of my riding is in town. Best advice is keep your head on a swivel and ride like they are trying to kill you (even if they aren't, with a moments inattention they could :eek: )

#3 ·
Figured I'd might as well jump on this thread...
I'm also a long-time lurker and admirer of the TW200. Sadly I've been off the bike (all bikes) for a few years, sold them right before my son was born. Now that he's a few years older it might be time for papa to enjoy a hobby again, I've been eyeing craigslist/this forum for a while looking for a nearby TW.
Although I dream of trail riding, the truth is I'll probably be confined to the big city (some streets in Philly are more like offroad trails anyway...) Any advice/stories from fellow city riders?
Thank you all for you postings and info on this forum.

#6 ·
Thanks! I really like the blues, silvers and whites. I just looked at the '14 and it is really close, just has a blue fairing and front fender along with the blacked out wheels. Pretty sharp - I'll have to go to a dealer and look at one for grins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.