Two way radios
Close

Thread: Two way radios

Two way radios

Anyone found any success using recreational radios and headset to communicate bike to bike. When riding with friends I find it a nuisance to keep turning around to check on them. Especially when we get on the single track. It would be nice to have coms to call a buddy when you are stuck or have fallen over and need some help. I have some Motorola's that I have used many years for checking in during hunting season and found them to be very rugged. I have never tried a headset and imagine most would not work in the helmet or the engine noise would make it useless.

I have used these while riding my ATV. They work very well as the speakers and mike are in your helmet. The only drawback as I see it is that it is hard wired to the radio and push to talk button. You have to either remove your helmet or unplug the connection when off the bike. I would use it on the TW if others in the group did as well.

Joe

Joe, do you use the Motorola brand helmet sets?

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My wife and I use these. They work great. They are blue tooth so you can hook up your phone and listen to music also. I'm not sure the distance they will go but we've been a few hundred feet apart and as long as we can see each other they work just fine.

Amazon.com: Shark Motorcycle Audios Shkmbt88i Snowmobile Bluetooth Multi Interphone Headsets Intercom Set (Black): Car Electronics

The unit I have is from MotoComm. They have them for any of the GMRS/FRS radios. Order for what ever radio you have. The plug is not the same on all of these radios. I think they sell for less than $60 each.

Joe

I too have Motorola radios. The ear bud style work ok for me on my big bike, but I have not tried on the TW200 yet. I just got it. Bob

kinda pricey, but I use the Sena SMH-10. Bluetooth, helmet mounted, can talk up to 4 different riders, 10hr talk time on full charge, open Mic 100% of the time, 1/4mile range. Been using them for 2yrs with no issues. Can't say enuff good about them. TIM

uclear-200 helmet set I got here on the forum from another member, work fantastic. My wife and I use them on our rides. My son and I used them on our 3 day ride ( RR coming soon )and had a blast being able to talk while riding. Easily moved from one helmet to another. You can add up to 7 units together. All bluetooth.

Sponosred Links