Got it!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got it!

Wink Got it!

Went and bought a TDUB today - a 2013. So far, I love it! Only took it on a short 12 mile ride so far - just after I got back home with it.

Many thanks to the members that helped me to decide on this over the other bikes that I was considering! I really like the lower seat and fat tires. It's also very controllable and easy to ride. The thing is very forgiving in terms of operation and I think comfortable considering it's such a light bike.

Also thank you to the Mississippi member that steered me to the dealer that had this - Laurel Yamaha - very nice folks - made the whole thing easy as pie.

Here's a pic with a couple of my dogs getting in on the action:

Looks like a TW200 don't it? lol

I like the color- white is good when you live on a dirt road...

Now, I have to say that I'm a bit surprised at the break in that is needed... only 1/3 throttle all the way to 600 miles? Wow. That doesn't allow for much does it? I'll post another thread to discuss this further...

I also bought a helmet and a mesh jacket. The salesman threw the helmet in for free and gave me a discount on the jacket. The helmet is a G-Max and the jacket is a Fullmer.

I like the helmet - the bottom comes up to allow you to slip the thing on with glasses on - and then you bring it down. There's a sliding sun visor inside too which is nice - don't have to worry about sunglasses. The venting seems OK but it's still a helmet... going to be a bit hot I guess not matter what you do. Seems fairly lightweight - was listed at $179. Oh, and it has an led light on the back - on, blinking and fast blinking - guess that will be good for night riding... The jacket is a bit warm - does vent but I can't see having this on when it's 90+ outside. Came with a liner though and will be good for cooler weather. Has the shoulder, elbow and back soft armor plates and pockets inside for your phone and such...

Anyhoo, looking forward to riding and getting past the break-in period...
    Last edited by OSOK; 08-19-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Congratulations, nice looking bike.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Woohoo, congratulations!

Nice looking TW.

You will find there are almost as many opinions on breaking in a bike as there are on what oil to use. Just change the oil and clean your oil filter a few times during those first 600 miles and you should be okay. Let the mods begin . . . .

Brian
    Dubzha likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks - yeah, I was just reading another thread about a new bike - and the discussion of oil/filter changes - saw some pics with the metal filings - holy cow. I see why the break-in now. Guess I'll just have to be patient...

Can you find the filters at the local Autozone?
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I doubt if Autozone would have a filter for the TW. While I believe there are some paper filters out there, all of my TW's use ones with a metal screen that I just clean off and reuse indefinitely.

OSOK,

Congratulations on your new TW!!!

That is an interesting helmet. Is that the GM54S?

Ride on!

Nice looking bike.....mine looks very similar

As far as the break in, IMHO, just keep varying the speeds and I would refrain from WOT for a while. Oil is cheap and engines are expensive. Hell, mine is 22 years old and just recently got through the 600 mile break in. Go have fun.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Congratulations on your new TW200, OSOK!! Now my leg just needs to heal and we can do some riding. A buddy that I work with and I went in together and bought the Northbound and Southbound Mississippi Hill Country Maps from the same guy who mapped out the Trans American Trail (TAT). So once I'm all healed up we're going to ride it on our TW's. You'll probably be through the break in period by then and hopefully you can join us.

Lance
    2013 TW200

2003 TW200 (Wife's Bike)

2013 Ultra Classic Limited

2008 Street Glide

Even the dogs are fighting over which one gets to ride it first
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links