How old/young are we?
Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: How old/young are we?

How old/young are we?

The more I read the more I wonder just what the average age of this T Dub crowd is.

the TW, being a rather inexpensive ride has a draw to a very diversified group. Better yet, being a full dual purpose machine it draws many others in to the fray.

I see thread from guys I assume to be young who are ratting their rides and threads from others who dial them in for their specific ride style and others who just doll them up with fancy stuff. I fall somewhere in the middle of all of this. I'll be 62 soon and my hard riding days are well behind me. I just don't heal like I used to. I would say I ride my Dub 95% on secondary back roads here in the NY Catskills. I do like to get on some old logging roads and old stage coach paths to go into some deep fishing holes that most will never walk in to. I don't need to go fast on or off the road. The T Dub is the best all around bike I have ever owned right off the showroom floor.

I love messing with it, adding accessories like the Lizrdbrth cooler, hand guards, cycle rack and a quick release crate so I can take my 35 pound Brittany fishing with me. She loves to go and does not car if it is in the boat, car, truck, bike or on the RZR. I bought the Dub simply because it could be made to take her with me.

I just wired up an accessory plug so I can power a GPS and run my tiny air compressor to change tire pressures for on and off road. My Dub is 22 years old and still has well under a thousand miles on her. Once I get the carb working right I will put some major miles on her clock. The fishing will start getting real good in the next few months and I will be out searching for those far off holes that hold nice trout.

Sign in and tell us your age and the kind of riding you do and what upgrades you did or want to do. I am betting there are more senior riders here than young guys but I have been wrong more times than I care to admit.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

a lot of ages are posted in this thread...
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6339-average-age-riders.html

32...as far as plans for my bike...maybe a better undertail splash guard, led front lights, a mini sd camera mount and a better mount to my moose rack for my milk crate...i rip around town most of the time...i'd like to get into some more off road trail riding but there aren't that many places to go around here and i don't exactly have any buddies that ride to ride with

MOD LIST (currently on bike or just click the link in my signature to see more)

K&N RU-1780 Air Filter
    K&N 62-2480 Breather Filter
    Hollow Mod with Sheet Aluminum Battery Box
    CSB hc1217W FOR APC ups (uninterruptible power supply) RBC10 battery (12 Volts, 17 Watts, 5.5"x1.89"x4.07", 3.68 lbs)
    Sheet Aluminum Rear Mud Guard
    DID O-ring Chain
    JT Front & Rear Sprockets (Stock 14/50)
    Clarke 2.7 gal Tank
    Gas Cap Vent Tube
    Pro Taper SE ATV High Bars
    ProGrip Rally Grips
    Wide Ebay Pegs
    Underbar Ebay Mirrors
    Western Powersports Turn Signals (front and rear)
    Edge 2 Tail Light
    Sheet Aluminum License Plate Bracket
    Powermadd Power X Hand Guards
    Moose Expedition Rear Rack
    2 Operators Manual Storage Tubes
    Stearns ATV Seat Pad

I'm 65 as is my wife and we both have one. Just a great bike to ride the forest service and logging roads. Here in Washington you have to be street legal to use these. If we want to get out for distance cruise the goldwing or vulcan fits the bill.
    We have quads, but I am disappointed that I bought them as they are very limited where you can ride them. Hopefully that will change. I have heard rumors that they are going to loosen up on the quads a bit.
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Truelight's survey from awhile back. Not sure if the survey is still in active form but if it is, add your .02:

Survey Results - TW200 Demographic

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    a lot of ages are posted in this thread...
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6339-average-age-riders.html

32...as far as plans for my bike...maybe a better undertail splash guard, led front lights, a mini sd camera mount and a better mount to my moose rack for my milk crate...i rip around town most of the time...i'd like to get into some more off road trail riding but there aren't that many places to go around here and i don't exactly have any buddies that ride to ride with

MOD LIST (currently on bike or just click the link in my signature to see more)

K&N RU-1780 Air Filter
    K&N 62-2480 Breather Filter
    Hollow Mod with Sheet Aluminum Battery Box
    CSB hc1217W FOR APC ups (uninterruptible power supply) RBC10 battery (12 Volts, 17 Watts, 5.5"x1.89"x4.07", 3.68 lbs)
    Sheet Aluminum Rear Mud Guard
    DID O-ring Chain
    JT Front & Rear Sprockets (Stock 14/50)
    Clarke 2.7 gal Tank
    Gas Cap Vent Tube
    Pro Taper SE ATV High Bars
    ProGrip Rally Grips
    Wide Ebay Pegs
    Underbar Ebay Mirrors
    Western Powersports Turn Signals (front and rear)
    Edge 2 Tail Light
    Sheet Aluminum License Plate Bracket
    Powermadd Power X Hand Guards
    Moose Expedition Rear Rack
    2 Operators Manual Storage Tubes
    Stearns ATV Seat Pad
    thanks for the link Point37, guess I should have searched further before starting this one. Just as I had expected our age avg. is up in the mid 40's with some here who remember the original Indians.

I have a real nice Polaris RZR out in the shed that does mostly just snow plow duty here in NY where quads are shunned. With the Dub I can go in places the quad would get me in deep trouble.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

38 years young, male Southwest Florida. Lived in Grand Junction, CO (dirtbike heaven) prior to March but could never swing the extra nickles to get something to ride. Now I have a trailbike with no trails... Go firgure. I haven't done anything to my Tdub yet but will farkle it out after I've taken care of some of the neglect of the previous owner. I ride as is for the time being and love my inexpensive little bike.

66 half time Washington and half Arizona

I'm bringing up the middle on this thread - 52. Just got my TW.

Took a divorce to shake it out lol.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by OSOK View Post
    I'm bringing up the middle on this thread - 52. Just got my TW.

Took a divorce to shake it out lol.
    Here is a tip from uncle Al, find another TW "Chick Bike" ready to run and then a nice gal who will ride with you. TW's, Camp fires and Tequila have a tendency to make clothes disappear. ;-))))

GaryL

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links