What's her name?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What's her name?

What's her name?

Just curious if anyone else has named their dub? If so, why? Mine is babe. Cauee she was blue and is an ox. :-)
    Dubzha likes this.

I juat call her "Dirty" just because it's never clean, and when shes clean.... it's not for long...

My Dirty girl

Every vehicle I have had has been called "Betsy"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Bogini [that's Polish for Goddess] named him "Junior". I've tried to come up with something I like better, but this name sticks.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

I name mine after obscure historic figures that I happen to admire for equally obscure reasons.

The T'dub is "Hi Jolly".

Each of my succession of KLR's has been christened "Hiroo", after Hiroo Onoda.

If you know who either of them were, we BOTH need to get a life..

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-24-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    B-dub likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Very cool Lizrdbrth...
    Had to go look them up to see.

Don't anyone tell... !!
    Make the members go look and see for themselves and post a comment.

Don't anyone tell!!

Very cool though!

eli
    I'd read about Onoda in the past, but forgot his name. The determination of the man... has got to be one of the most epic accounts of human endurance ever. Puts me in mind of Shackleton's adventure. Lizrdbrth, I'd love to know your obscure reason for admiring Onoda, that is, if its different from the obvious.

Hi Jolly... Wow, that is an obscure one.

Impressive.

Btw, I've had my TW for 3 months and haven't found a name I like yet. Still thinking.
    Last edited by eli; 08-24-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    I'd read about Onoda in the past, but forgot his name. The determination of the man... has got to be one of the most epic accounts of human endurance ever. Puts me in mind of Shackleton's adventure. Lizrdbrth, I'd love to know your obscure reason for admiring Onoda, that is, if its different from the obvious.

Hi Jolly... Wow, that is an obscure one.

Impressive.

Btw, I've had my TW for 3 months and haven't found a name I like yet. Still thinking.
    I'm not in the habit of naming inanimate objects (Except for my old Remington 600. "Lucille". Not very original). Out of dozens the only vehicles I've ever named were my 5 KLR's (which I kinda treat as one. I fear change) one old truck and more recently, the TW. For me to name something the name has to jump out at me and give me my own private giggle every time I look at it.

Onoda was just one of those goofy things. For whatever reason I remembered his name and can recall exactly where I was the day he surrendered. Several years later I got the opportunity to make a bit of a study of him and whatever else the man may have been (Actually near as I can establish he's 91-ish and still kickin'. Nuff said.) as far as I'm concerned he forever re-wrote the definition of "tough". After failing to kill my first KLR at some point I thought to myself "This damned thing is tougher than Onoda".

Near as I can tell Hi Jolly may have been equally bada**ed and even more unsung, but mostly his life and story kinda ties in with local history and at one time I was gunna retrace the route of the Camel Corps, the hard way. That plan kinda fell apart, but it's still on my list. When I installed the 350 tank on mine it kinda reminded me of the hump on one of these and for now you might say it serves the same purpose, so I figgered it was time to name another bike knowing that if asked it would once again probably be best to keep it to myself. LOL :

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-25-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    r80rt likes this.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

eli
    Now it makes complete sense why you named those bikes what you named them.

And... Onoda was relieved of duty, there was no surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    Now it makes complete sense why you named those bikes what you named them.

And... Onoda was relieved of duty, there was no surrender!
    True that.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links