Almost a New Owner but not until I have a title in hand and a bike in my garage!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Almost a New Owner but not until I have a title in hand and a bike in my garage!

Put a deposit on a '12 TW found on Craigslist nearby about ten days ago and still waiting for clear title to be available from owner before paying balance and picking up the bike..a little concerned about the wait by Yamaha Finance before they will forward title with released lien. At this point, I guess waiting is all I get to do. Had hopes to take it to the mountains for a ten day run up and down the trails but it isn't looking likely. Any suggestions? Call Yamaha Finance or what? I don't think this is a scam but who knows....

Waiting

Maybe I am too eager?

I guess I could go find another but this one has only 489 miles....12 TW.jpg

Absolutely call them. That way you will know and won't have to stress about it. Can't always believe what the original owners say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Harbor Freight bumper rack for TW? Cheap & decent all aluminum and need your opinion!

I need to ask if anyone has a Harbor Freight bumper rack and what are your thoughts about it as a carrier for the TW? Mountains are 630 miles west of here and I am a sissy I guess. I just received it by fedex because they sell them out at the stores. Paid $6.95 shipping and the whole deal was $114.00 including shipping so I can leave in the back of the pickup and return it or break it out and use it? This forum has lots of answer guys so please let me hear from you.
    Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier - 400Lb. Capacity

as long as your rig is up for the job, that rack should be fine. i use a hitch rack and have had no problems with it.
    remember it will probably lift your lights up and may affect handling.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ten days doesn't seem to too unreasonable considering yesterday was a holiday and there are a couple of weekends included, especially if the owner mailed in his outstanding balance. I would follow up with the seller to make sure that he fulfilled his part of the deal and see if he has heard anything from Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    as long as your rig is up for the job, that rack should be fine. i use a hitch rack and have had no problems with it.
    remember it will probably lift your lights up and may affect handling.
    Should be no issues with the F250 handling the TW on a rack. I do want the bigger pegs but need to do the measurements unless you know what the 12's require.

I have had one of these carriers and they will work okay, but they are not really ideal for TW's. The big TW tires will not fit between the rails of this type of carrier but will rest on top of the rails. Make sure that the front and rear wheels are strapped securely to the carrier. Also strap the bike/carrier to the rear of your vehicle to prevent wobbling.

Cycle Gear also has a similar carrier for about the same price. Theirs is made of steel and the Harbor Freight one is made of aluminum.

TRACKSIDE - Motorcycle Carrier - Carriers & Haulers - Accessories - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Like Joe said, these types of carriers create a significant load on the back of a vehicle and can make the front end handling a little squirelly. Also, I don't like using these carriers at night because your bike can pretty much block your tail/brake lights.
    Last edited by TW-Brian; 09-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    I have had one of these carriers and they will work okay, but they are not really ideal for TW's. The big TW tires will not fit between the rails of this type of carrier but will rest on top of the rails. Make sure that the front and rear wheels are strapped securely to the carrier. Also strap the bike/carrier to the rear of your vehicle to prevent wobbling.

Cycle Gear also has a similar carrier for about the same price. Theirs is made of steel and the Harbor Freight one is made of aluminum.

TRACKSIDE - Motorcycle Carrier - Carriers & Haulers - Accessories - CycleGear - Cycle

Gear

Like Joe said, these types of carriers create a significant load on the back of a vehicle and can make the front end handling a little squirelly. Also, I don't like using these carriers at night because your bike can pretty much block your tail/brake lights.
    thanks for the response! Exactly what I needed to hear!

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

I bought one just like that when I bought my TW200 a couple months ago. The only thing I changed was the hardware (bolts). It came with grade 5 but I used grade 8 and even went up one size because the holes were too big for what came with the kit. I didn't mount the ramp, just throw it into the back. The tires dropped down into the rails, not enough to put a pin through, but far enough as I felt it was safe. I used 4 straps and went directly to my hitch chain hook holes and to the carrier itself. The extra slack tie material, I used to tie the tire to the rails. When I get time, I may modify the rails a little to get the tire down deeper between the rails, but width wise they fit fine. I used the motor running in first gear to walk my TW up the ramp and just pushed it off. My plans are to leave my house on the bike, ride about 75 miles through newly paved curvy farm land, put the bike on the back of the H2 for a 50 mile run down the interstate at 75mph, then back on the bike for another then another 50 miles before loading back up for interstate to North Myrtle Beach where we have a condo. Then I can ride around town. Look out for coupons to get the carrier for $99. The last coupon I was was in the back of a motorcycle magazine. For a $100 you cant go wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links