New to me '03!
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By TW-Brian

Thread: New to me '03!

New to me '03!

Hi all. Created an acct here a few days back, and thought I'd chime in with my new (to me) bike pic. Took a 12 hour road trip in the truck a couple weeks back and purchased a 2003 TW200 for $2200. It had 3940 miles on it when I bought it. I've managed to add about 350 to that already. As far as I'm concerned, it looks fairly new, and drives like it is too. Haven't looked around a whole lot. But based on what I'm seeing from eBay, it seems I got a solid deal on it.

I've had a lot of bikes, and have been riding for approx. 20 years. Never had a bike this small though. It's funny, at first I thought I'd be annoyed by the lack of power/acceleration. Initial impression was a real downer, having come from bigger road bikes. However, after only a few trips, I adjusted to it being what it is, and have enjoyed firing it up every time since then. This bikes fun to ride! I've already taught my son to ride on it. He's 13 and has gotten it up to 3rd gear on private camping property. This bike was a great bike for him to learn on. He picked it up right away. I have plans to buy a second one so that we can load them in the truck, and trail ride together on camping trips.

Anyway, here's a pic. Looking forward to reading up, and learning a little more about this bike. Take care!

Very nice bike!
    Welcome to the forum!
    We're here to help, so ask questions if you have them.
    Kirk180 likes this.

Hi Kirk,

Welcome to the addiction. That is how it starts. Buy one, then start looking for another. Then the mods begin.......and it never ends.

Great looking bike!

Brian
    Kirk180 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk180 View Post
    It's funny, at first I thought I'd be annoyed by the lack of power/acceleration. Initial impression was a real downer, having come from bigger road bikes. However, after only a few trips, I adjusted to it being what it is, and have enjoyed firing it up every time since then. This bikes fun to ride!
    Yup, you hit the nail on the head! It's just so easy and fun to ride on dirt roads and trails, and it's so bulletproof. I have trusted my life to this bike in the boonies more times than I can tell and it's NEVER let me down!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

You have chosen wisely grasshopper.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Welcome to the forum! 03's were nice color scheme.

Also them some sweet mirrors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Congratulations! TW's are great bikes, you and your son will enjoy it.

My experience was opposite yours. I started riding again after many years on the TW and then bought a KLR. The extra power is nice but my initial impression was "Wow! This thing is huge and heavy!" I'm used to it now and the bikes complement each other nicely - each serves a purpose and I love 'em both.

Sponosred Links