Small annoyances.
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Small annoyances.

Small annoyances.

I love my old T-Dub just like the rest of us but I was out tonight mounting a little clock in my handlebar area and it reminded me of a little annoyance I have had for a while now.

It seems my front brake cable is always in the way. It is just long enough to get into my line of sight for the speedo and just short enough to get in the way when I am trying to get my hand in to work the key. The issue was always there but it was made worse when I put my hand guards on. The mounting bracket for the guards pushes on the cable just enough to change the arc and piss me off. I have tried running the cable inside the mount but that is too tight.

It really isn't that big of a deal but it's something I think about from time to time. I might try to fix it this winter when I am tinkering with some other things on the bike.

~~I am curious, what are some other things related to the form/function/operation/parts/assembly/feel of the T-Dub that annoy you. I'm not talking about big shortcomings or things like not enough power, or missing features, but more like little oddities or things that don't have an aftermarket fix or upgrade so you've figured you just have to live with it.~~

My thought is that some people probably have small annoyances that they have just lived with but other people have found creative fixes for. Hopefully if some other people share some stuff, people can benefit from it.
    1991 TW200: Jimbo windshield, oversized foot pegs, quick release seat bolts, Tusk D-Flex hand guards, Yamaha luggage rack, Emgo trunk, 2 storage tubes, Bridgestone TW203/204 tires, LED taillight.

1. A little peg coming off the kickstand which would allow your foot to catch it easier and lower the stand.

2. Helmet lock so low on the bike.

I have a Velcro cable tie holding my front brake cable to the cross bar and out of my line of sight for the instruments. I hate that the blinker switch does not have a more positive center stop position. Turning it off invariably causes it to jump past and go to the opposite side. The helmet lock is perfectly useless where it is.

I am a bit crossed on the kick stand length. When in my garage on a hard, flat surface I keep a block of 2X4 under the stand. When on an angled surface it can be just right or too long so I am keeping my wood block for the garage.

Lastly, and I know that many here will agree, the pilot screw adjustment is in the absolute worst position. I know that Yamaha does not even want us adjusting it and have it plugged but come on, every one of us removes the plug and enriches the mix.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think the blinker switches should all be the same. if you push it in, the signal cancels.
    immgunn likes this.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Hmmm. I have no issue with the helmet lock and I use it all the time. Interesting that others do.

I do get annoyed every now and again when I try to shift it into 6th.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    That is so true, I am always trying to grab that next gear!

The folks that hate the helmet lock are the old crippled bikers with the bad backs.
    retmotor and r80rt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    LOL. How true.

Hmmm interesting to see some other peoples thoughts. Myself, I have never used my helmet lock and probably never will. My blinker switch never gives me any problems so I am good there. I have missed the kickstand with my foot once or twice but mostly when I am rushing or it is wet out.
    1991 TW200: Jimbo windshield, oversized foot pegs, quick release seat bolts, Tusk D-Flex hand guards, Yamaha luggage rack, Emgo trunk, 2 storage tubes, Bridgestone TW203/204 tires, LED taillight.

Out of the list so far, I'd say missing the side stand when trying to put it down and the helmet lock (back issues).

Now getting to those two bolts that hold the seat on -- that's a back breaker. Good thing the OEM tools will take those off. Oh, wait...
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links