Meeting other members
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Meeting other members

Meeting other members

Had a nice but short ride yesterday with Bucknutz and finally got to meet another local member Gregor. It sure was nice seeing 3 TWs in my driveway, my 91 and two 95s.

So I was the slow poke on the trails. Gregor and Bucknutz both have some knarly rear tires and both have much better fronts while I am on the stock tires from 22 years ago that are still like new but hard as rocks and not up to the grip those two have. You really do get a new perspective when you ride behind your same bike but with much better traction. I already put them on my list for Santa, oh wait, that's me!

It really is great meeting up with other local guys who all have nice T Dubs and are ready to ride. Too bad our season is coming to an end up here in NY but I do hope when next year rolls around we can get some other guys from around these parts to get together and do a day ride. We are close to the borders of NY, PA and NJ and I know there are others close enough to join us.

GaryL
    littletommy, joeband and gregor like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

out here on the west coast, our sheet iron rides have been really enjoyable and successful get togethers. t-dubs seem to attract a good group of people.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yeah Joe, next spring, after I get some new rubber under me, it will be nice to do a nice get together on this side. Have trailer and will travel!

I am sure we could get 3 bikes on mine and where we are in NY is close enough to a bunch of states, Vt., NH., Conn., Mass., NJ. & PA.

Sadly though NY hates any motorized off road vehicles and 95% of the trails we have are off limits to us. We can ride seasonal use roads but there would be lots of highway riding between them.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Yeah Joe, next spring, after I get some new rubber under me, it will be nice to do a nice get together on this side. Have trailer and will travel!

I am sure we could get 3 bikes on mine and where we are in NY is close enough to a bunch of states, Vt., NH., Conn., Mass., NJ. & PA.

Sadly though NY hates any motorized off road vehicles and 95% of the trails we have are off limits to us. We can ride seasonal use roads but there would be lots of highway riding between them.

GaryL
    I'd love to tag along with you guys but Life has prevented me from getting the TW dirty all Summer.
    My riding season was interrupted as I became a new Dad in June. Was able to get out for a quick day trip to Ct 2 weeks ago and had a blast.
    Unfortunately, closest Ive got to off roading were a few construction zones in New London.

2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

Congrats on the little one..You look like a happy dad...
    The bike looks way way too clean...

I second all that but let's not forget the seasons not over yet....
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Had a nice but short ride yesterday with Bucknutz and finally got to meet another local member Gregor. It sure was nice seeing 3 TWs in my driveway, my 91 and two 95s.

So I was the slow poke on the trails. Gregor and Bucknutz both have some knarly rear tires and both have much better fronts while I am on the stock tires from 22 years ago that are still like new but hard as rocks and not up to the grip those two have. You really do get a new perspective when you ride behind your same bike but with much better traction. I already put them on my list for Santa, oh wait, that's me!

It really is great meeting up with other local guys who all have nice T Dubs and are ready to ride. Too bad our season is coming to an end up here in NY but I do hope when next year rolls around we can get some other guys from around these parts to get together and do a day ride. We are close to the borders of NY, PA and NJ and I know there are others close enough to join us.

GaryL
    I was just thinking.....
    I belong to another forum- Rokon World. With the Rokon guys I host get togethers for guys that are relatively local to ride, wrench, trade parts, drink beer and BS.
    I have got 550 AC. With two cabins (flush toilets, shower, kitchen etc.) It is located in Forestburg ny. If there was any interest I could host a TW200 meet, ride, gathering, whatever you wanna call it. It could be fun, just google forestburg, NY to see if its a trip you might be interested in. I would love to see a show of hands as to how many might show....
    Greg

NY isn't too far from toronto... Maybe a days ride. I would most likely join in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

it sure would be a hike on a tw
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    NY isn't too far from toronto... Maybe a days ride. I would most likely join in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    You would have a good 6-7 hour drive to get here from Toronto. Wife is from Brockport and it is 4.5 hours from here to her family. We would certainly welcome our northern brothers but we would also have to make some arrangements to ride various properties not normally accessible. Something to think about for next year for sure and we were at Gregor's camp yesterday and it would be a hoot with lots of room.

We should start a new thread to see just how much interest there would be for some time next spring after things thaw out here.

GaryL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links