Finally, a brief introduction.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally, a brief introduction.

Hello,

I have been a lurker for a very, very long time, and I am finally saying hi from Durban, South Africa.
    I have wanted a Tdub for a long time, and have been through a few other bikes and a whole bunch of reasons why I couldn't just yet.

Needless to say, I am finally getting the Tdub after years of lurking and reading.
    I am picking up a new 2013, which I should get the week after next (I am away all of next week unfortunately) and whilst I know they are trail bikes I am going to hollow-mod mine over some time as budget allows and use it for my 4 mile one-way daily commute and some other, around town riding. I have been infatuated with the idea for some time, but have recently been tempted all the more by a friend-of-a-friends' Hollow-mod which I had the pleasure of taking for a spin around our offices' parking lot a while back

The friend-of-a-friends' ride which didnt help my infatuation.
    IMG-20130413-WA005.jpg

I will ride her as is for a while yet though, and whilst we here in South Africa dont have a lot of trail-riding areas, I think I will taker her up Sani Pass which is a 4x4/motorcycle-only dirt road up a mountain side to the South Africa/Lesotho border.

Other than that I will be trawling the forums for more info and advice as I go, and I will start a build thread once I get going.
    Last edited by Mr.Paynter; 09-19-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Captioned the image.
    Finally picked up a Tdub...

Welcome to the forum Mr. Paynter! Your friend has a nice looking bike, you are going to enjoy having one. As you already know, there is lots of good info here and helpful folks!

welcome to the forum, we've had a few so africans on here, though not many still active. there's lots to learn on here, a lot of knowledgable folks willing to share. i've learned a lot.

beautiful and inspiring country you have.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys!

@Joe - It really is hey, we're really lucky.

Greetings and welcome.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Senior Member BugSpatteredJacket's Avatar
    Welcome and Congrats! Looking forward to your build thread!
    BugSpatteredJacket
    Hidden Content

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Paynter View Post
    Hello,

I have been a lurker for a very, very long time, and I am finally saying hi from Durban, South Africa.
    I have wanted a Tdub for a long time, and have been through a few other bikes and a whole bunch of reasons why I couldn't just yet.

Needless to say, I am finally getting the Tdub after years of lurking and reading.
    I am picking up a new 2013, which I should get the week after next (I am away all of next week unfortunately) and whilst I know they are trail bikes I am going to hollow-mod mine over some time as budget allows and use it for my 4 mile one-way daily commute and some other, around town riding. I have been infatuated with the idea for some time, but have recently been tempted all the more by a friend-of-a-friends' Hollow-mod which I had the pleasure of taking for a spin around our offices' parking lot a while back

The friend-of-a-friends' ride which didnt help my infatuation.
    IMG-20130413-WA005.jpg

I will ride her as is for a while yet though, and whilst we here in South Africa dont have a lot of trail-riding areas, I think I will taker her up Sani Pass which is a 4x4/motorcycle-only dirt road up a mountain side to the South Africa/Lesotho border.

Other than that I will be trawling the forums for more info and advice as I go, and I will start a build thread once I get going.
    Don't know if you have seen this link, there are 16 pages of hollow mods, might be helpful for some ideas for you.

Photos - TIWIE CUSTOMIS

Enjoy!

@littletommy - Wow thanks!

I am back from my trip and picking up my TW tomorrow, I cannot wait, my current ride, a 2005 Yamaha SR250 has almost 100 000 miles and is just plain tired!
    I cannot wait to be on something a little fresher!

Aaaand so I've just had my Tdub dropped off!
    Super stoked with her, I cannot wait to run her in, get the 1st service out of the way and then start modding here and there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links