What was your most embarressing.. er.. ah.. "accident" on your TW ?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: What was your most embarressing.. er.. ah.. "accident" on your TW ?

What was your most embarressing.. er.. ah.. "accident" on your TW ?

Here's mine:
    This spring I was going to go on a ride with a couple of friends. They were on their Harley's and I had decided to take the TW. We were out in the alley behind the house and they were warming up their bikes. (which takes forever on a Harley) It had rained the night before and there were large puddles of muddy water everywhere. Well,..I decided I was going to show off, so I started the TW, slowly pulled it around in front of them and headed into the middle of a large puddle. I was going to hit the throttle and dump the clutch, spraying mud and water all over the place in front of them.....he he, snicker snicker.

Well...

I made my way into the middle of the puddle, slowed to almost a stop; balancing on the pegs, GUNNED the throttle...
    The bike went...BUUUaaaaahhh and died.
    (I hadn't warmed it up, the bike was cold and choke was off)

Well...I went to put my foot down REAL QUICK and my pantleg got caught on the left peg. My feet never got a chance to touch the ground, and in slow motion I fell over sideways into the middle of the puddle. I was halfway covered in mud from head to toe. I looked like I had been turned sideways and dipped into chocolate like a ice cream cone.

Coulda heard those guys laughing a mile away...
    Last edited by littletommy; 09-24-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    txarsoncop, Fred, mudbug and 2 others like this.

So during a long ride I picked up an airhawk the second day into it. Later that day I noticed the airhawk was sliding down one side. I pulled off the side of the road, stood up, slid the airhawk over under me, and dropped the bike at the same time. I must have been disoriented from riding for a while as I had the bike slightly leaned over but without the kickstand down and decided to let go of the handles.. Luckily only a couple people saw, just quickly picked it up and rode away.

Also yesterday My TW ate my shoelace.. Make sure you do up you laces well guys,.. Cause that was scary.
    littletommy likes this.

That is pretty funny
    littletommy likes this.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Make sure that you get any of the remaining shoelace out of the countershaft seals, or it will cause a substantial oil leak. Don't ask me how I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post

Also yesterday My TW ate my shoelace.. Make sure you do up you laces well guys,.. Cause that was scary.
    littletommy likes this.

Yeah right after it happened I spent like 15 minutes getting it out. Came out relatively in one piece so I think its fine. I'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    littletommy likes this.

Heard Laughing a mile away? I just woke up the house laughing. That was one funny story! I imagine most of us have enjoyed spraying those behind us when going through puddles. Years ago, me and my quad buddies made an art of capturing others in puddles and drenching them with mud. Not only could I relate to the fun of your intention, I can see you falling over. The irony is off the charts!

Get it while you can.

AT
    littletommy likes this.

There was nothing I could do, it all happened so fast, up on the pegs, at a stop in the puddle, stalled it, foot got caught, and over we went, Splash!

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Well...I went to put my foot down REAL QUICK and my pantleg got caught on the left peg. My feet never got a chance to touch the ground, and in slow motion I fell over sideways into the middle of the puddle. I was halfway covered in mud from head to toe. I looked like I had been turned sideways and dipped into chocolate like a ice cream cone.
    Ohhh, wince, grit teeth, shake head pity. hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaah, choke, hahahaahahahahaahaha. If you can laugh at yourself, it makes others laughing at you not feel so bad. Did you start with a beer in your hand (or stomach) and the phrase "hey yall, watch this"?

Thanks for sharing!
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howsbentley View Post
    Heard Laughing a mile away? I just woke up the house laughing. That was one funny story! I imagine most of us have enjoyed spraying those behind us when going through puddles. Years ago, me and my quad buddies made an art of capturing others in puddles and drenching them with mud. Not only could I relate to the fun of your intention, I can see you falling over. The irony is off the charts!

Get it while you can.

AT
    Another good story in this link since you enjoyed that one.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...rted-here.html

Quote Originally Posted by CJ7_TW View Post
    Ohhh, wince, grit teeth, shake head pity. hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaah, choke, hahahaahahahahaahaha. If you can laugh at yourself, it makes others laughing at you not feel so bad. Did you start with a beer in your hand (or stomach) and the phrase "hey yall, watch this"?

Thanks for sharing!
    No, I was trying to be sneaky and it backfired on me.

I deserved it, for "trying" to show off!
    Last edited by littletommy; 09-25-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links