Oops. Crashed my TW
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Oops. Crashed my TW

Oops. Crashed my TW

Was doing mix of offroading and street. Jumped a small hill and forgot there was a ditch on the other side. Hit the ditch and bounced a few feet past it. My helmet definately saved my chin on impact. TW suffered air loss on front tire and shattered left mirror. Gonna stick to driving cars for a while.
    Wingnut likes this.

rbm
    Ouch! Glad you're OK.

bikes can be repaired..... Question is, did you learn anything?
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I learned to go slow next time and check for ditches on other side and know i should slow down when i'm getting ahead of myself. Didn't respect situational awareness. Also appreciated for having motorcycle gear and armor over my skin and bones, even when one of my coworkers who also rides only rides with a jacket and helmet but no pants or boots. He always tells me i'm wearing too much gear. Sure, wearing a lot of gear can het hot but at least i won't ever bleed like he will

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    I learned to go slow next time and check for ditches on other side and know i should slow down when i'm getting ahead of myself. Didn't respect situational awareness. Also appreciated for having motorcycle gear and armor over my skin and bones, even when one of my coworkers who also rides only rides with a jacket and helmet but no pants or boots. He always tells me i'm wearing too much gear. Sure, wearing a lot of gear can het hot but at least i won't ever bleed like he will

Keep on riding.....sounds like you learned from this mis-adventure....ride on!.

Got a problem with my front tire valve. It won't open up the airway for my tire gauge or compressor anymore. I tested the gauge on the rear tire and it still works there. I finally just tried pumping air in the front tire for half an hour it the pressure is now a little higher but not as much as i wanted. Could it be the valve is connected to an inner tube or is it direct to the tire? I'm also due for new tires judging by the rotting on some of the tread ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    Got a problem with my front tire valve. It won't open up the airway for my tire gauge or compressor anymore. I tested the gauge on the rear tire and it still works there. I finally just tried pumping air in the front tire for half an hour it the pressure is now a little higher but not as much as i wanted. Could it be the valve is connected to an inner tube or is it direct to the tire? I'm also due for new tires judging by the rotting on some of the tread ridges.
    perhaps a new tire and tube are in order. tubes are cheap
    2009 WR250R

2005 V-Strom

1993 Shadow 1100 with Ural sidecar

2008 H-D Ultra Classic

2009 Zuma 125

2004 Zuma 50

2000 WR400F

try backing out the pin with a pocket screwdriver a little at a time till the tire gauge reads pressure. Just be sure to re-tighten it once you get the pressure you want. Or, grind/file off a couple threads of the stem. TIM
    littletommy likes this.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Sure glad you survived your insident. I too had an upender. Lost my left elbow to a crosstie that had floated in during the winter floods. Arm hit a rock and blew it out. .woofhound, going to have to get some of us western wa folks together for a run. Seems there are a few in here. Would like to make up a plan for a future ride.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 09-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I used needle nose pliers and got the pin to stick out normal and it can be depressed but no air is going in or out. Took the front wheel off a while ago today and will pry the tire off to see what's happening underneath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links