Who has a 1991 TW in the White plastic color?
Close

Who has a 1991 TW in the White plastic color?

The 1991 models came with either white plastic with a blue/purple tank or in Black plastics with a black tank. Mine is the white version but both of the side covers were replaced. They should be white but one is new shiny black plastic and the air box side is the original white one but was painted black to match the tool cover side. All he could find back then was a new black one so he bought it and painted the air side black to match and did a lousy job.

I need to see pictures of a 1991 that came in the white plastic so I can see if the side covers had any decals or TW 200 or Trailway on them. I have a good picture of a 1991 black version but I can't find a pic of the white version. Anyone out here with a nice white one that is unchanged from factory original? Please post a pic or send it to me in a PM or email.

Thanks

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

We removed them from hers first thing so no pics, but IIRC it only had the standard "ELECTRIC" decals on both side covers in red lettering and the fake vinyl "number plate" thingy on the front fairing, in black. Blue fork boots, purplish blue seat, silver frame, wheels and swingarm.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 10-10-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Here is a pic sent by another member here. I was smart enough to save the pic but am having a senior moment remembering who's bike it is. It is the ONXY version, 1991 and unmolested except for all the nice upgrades he made. Black frame, silver swing arm and wheels, blue purple seat and fork boots and all black tank and plastics.

Here is mine. Black frame and silver swing arm and wheels, blue purple seat, tank and fork boots and all white plastics except for the removable side covers that the PO changed. He claimed someone swiped his tool kit and that side cover while he was up stream fishing. He was only able to buy a new black side cover for the tool box side so he painted the air box white one black to match. I am trying to find what the exact white covers would have looked like from the factory.

Here is what I think it is supposed to look like. White side covers on top with a black bottom but then I found other pics that show all white side covers with electric decals on the bottom. Even more confusing is I found pics of 1991s with white tanks that look to be bone stock too.

Who knows? Maybe they had 3 color schemes in 1991???

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 10-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That'd be me...

Here are a few pics before I added all the goodies and removed the "from the factory" stickers on the plastics.

GEDC0309.JPGGEDC0310.JPG
    1991 TW200: Jimbo windshield, oversized foot pegs, quick release seat bolts, Tusk D-Flex hand guards, Yamaha luggage rack, Emgo trunk, 2 storage tubes, Bridgestone TW203/204 tires, LED taillight.

Damn that's a sweet looking bike! I'd have been forced to remove the ELECTRIC to. I spent half a day getting all the stickers off mine when I first got it home.

Don't turn your back on me. I think your black tank against my white plastics would look real nice!

GaryL

You gotta watch out on the color schemes seen on the internet ( Bikezine, et al).

In the early years all U.S. and Canadian bikes were available with two color schemes every model year, while TW's in other markets (Asia, Oz, South Africa, Europe, etc.) each wore completely different schemes in the same years.

AFAIK U.S. '91's were all either black/blue or white/blue.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 10-10-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    You gotta watch out on the color schemes seen on the internet ( Bikezine, et al).

In the early years all U.S. and Canadian bikes were available with two color schemes every model year, while TW's in other markets (Asia, Oz, South Africa, Europe, etc.) each wore completely different schemes in the same years.

AFAIK U.S. '91's were all either black/blue or white/blue.
    No doubt about that Lizrdbrth! What is even harder is that so many of these early bikes still do exist but scant few are still in their original dress.

GaryL

Damn that's a sweet looking bike! I'd have been forced to remove the ELECTRIC to. I spent half a day getting all the stickers off mine when I first got it home.

Don't turn your back on me. I think your black tank against my white plastics would look real nice!

GaryL
    Thanks, I have really had fun with it this summer. I use it as a commuter for my 10 mile drive to work and to put around my property back roads. The Harley guys at work make fun of me for having a little dirt bike but I have been keeping count.... Since July 4th: 0 repairs or problems for the TDub, 5 for my two co-workers Harley's combined. Also, when the temperatures are in the 40's in the morning, I still ride in and the Harley boys leave it in the garage.

Right now I have seriously been considering swapping the TDub for a DR650 but until I find the perfect bike/deal I am going to ride the sh!t out of it.

Dave
    1991 TW200: Jimbo windshield, oversized foot pegs, quick release seat bolts, Tusk D-Flex hand guards, Yamaha luggage rack, Emgo trunk, 2 storage tubes, Bridgestone TW203/204 tires, LED taillight.

Sponosred Links