Kicker
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kicker

Does anyone know if the kit for the kicker is still available?

I'm talking the one that had all the parts you needed minus the kicker rod itself?

The old threads are still a great resource but some of the more recent posts lead you to believe it was unavailable. (Back-order)
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post

I'm talking the one that had all the parts you needed minus the kicker rod itself?

The old threads are still a great resource but some of the more recent posts lead you to believe it was unavailable. (Back-order)

Larry, I am not sure that a "kit" has ever been really available. It is certainly listed, but my dealer said Yamaha told them; the "kit" was never offered. I set my K-starter up part by part and seemed to save money over the 'imaginary' kit. Recently someone posted a question as to the cross compatibility of our TW (kick) with the one used on "Spuds" Chinese copy. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

On my 2009 TW200, there s a little plastic "plug" that says kick starter on it. Is it as simple as getting the kicker rod (or whatever you call it), and just mounting it in there, or is there more to it?

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post

You'll have to call a dealer to see if it's still available. As of a year ago, it was available. That is when I ordered it from my dealer. It's the GYTR kickstart kit for a TTR225. The kicker that comes with it does not work on our bikes. You'll need to find the TW200 kicker or BW200 kicker.

CLICK ME: GYTR kickstart kit link
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

found this from AKTW200 on the old site. Hope it helps.

https://tw200forum.com/forums/43563/ShowPost.aspx
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Here's the 'kicker', We ride a TW200. Yes you can get a 'kit' for the 225, but a rather important part will not work without serious mod's. You can not purchase a TW=200 "kit" but you can (I was able to) buy all the proper parts, including the correct kick lever for less than the 225 kit. It is your money and time, but in my opinion based on doing that mod there is no money or time saved buying a kit from another bike when you can't use one very important part unless you already have a TW lever.

Now the glitch to this is, it seems, a few of the individual parts have become very hard to purchase due to a "backorder". It may be that the 225 kits will be required in order to get all the internal components you need. Gerry

My old '93 may not be pretty, but I'm sure happy it has a kick starter as well as the electric start. At the moment I'm working out a battery issue and have found that the bike can easily be ridden with no battery in it at all - a kick and away we go. What was Yamaha thinking when they discontinued something as valuable as this - especially on a bike that's built primarily for trail use?

As far as I know its only the north american models that dont have the kick starter.

It must be a cost saving measure.

Ours still have it.

Post the part numbers thats hard to find in the US and I`ll try to see if its available is South Africa.
    2008 TW200

On my 2009 TW200, there s a little plastic "plug" that says kick starter on it. Is it as simple as getting the kicker rod (or whatever you call it), and just mounting it in there, or is there more to it?

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

That would be nice Dan, but such is not the case. You need about 20 additional parts (gears,washers,spring ect.). The conversion is certainly manageable by the beginner, you just need to do some homework and pay attention to detail. Gerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links