TW's ugly half chinese step sister
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TW's ugly half chinese step sister

TW's ugly half chinese step sister

328 lbs?? that baby needs a good diet.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hhhmmmm . . . I wonder if that rear disc brake could be made to fit on a TW?

00808_2Uo9Xb3fNRo_600x450.jpg
    IzakGt and Bduff007 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

These sell for $2199 around here. I briefly thought about buying one until I saw the weight. My old DR350 was 20# less wet, and I thought that was too heavy.
    jbfla likes this.

Thinking the exact same thing

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hhhmmmm . . . I wonder if that rear disc brake could be made to fit on a TW?

00808_2Uo9Xb3fNRo_600x450.jpg

Looks suspiciously Zongshen-ish. Which makes it XT-ish, with a 15 inch rear wheel. I seriously doubt it even comes close to weighing 300 pounds.

Leave it to the Chinese to shoot themselves in the foot by exaggerating weight to the plus side.

Mongol Pete likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Found these specs:

These are available in gloss black white and orange. We have white in stock currently! High quality construction inverted and adjustable front forks front and rear disc brakes electric and kick start with an air cooled single cylinder 15 horse power 200cc engine! Top speed is approx 75 miles per hour. Black white or orange available Engine Type: 199cc 4 Stroke Air Cooled Carburetor: 26mm Bore Stroke: 66mm x 58.2mm Horsepower: 15 @ 8000RMP Start Mode: Kick Start / Electric Start Transmission: 1 Down 4 Up 5-Speed Manual Frame: Steel L x W x H: 81 x 30.5 x 44 Front Suspension: Inverted Rebound/Compression Adjustable Rear Suspension: Spring Shock Brakes: Front/Rear Disc Wheels: STREET: 17 /17 Seat Height: 32.5 Weight: 328 lbs Ground Clearance: 8 Wheelbase: 48 Covered Parts Description Covered Period Motor Engine Transmission 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Mechanical Components Carburetor 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Electrical Harness CDI Inst. Cluster 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Battery (when purchased with new unit) Battery 30 Days (Unlimited Miles) Suspension Shocks Forks 6 Months (Unlimited Miles) Brake Caliper 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Exhaust Header pipe Muffler 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Clutch CVT/Manual Clutch 90 Days (Unlimited Miles)

Electric and kickstart, air cooled, 15 HP, carb, tach, speedo with dual disc brakes. No mention of fuel capacity. Not too shabby. Have to wonder about the quality though...
    Last edited by HappyHiker; 11-02-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Hard telling, but SSR is one of the better importers. Or at least one of the more longstanding ones.

The way that stuff works is that tons of the same bikes are made at different quality levels all over China, often from the same plant. Various importers spec their own level of cheesiness then slap their own brand names on what are essentially identical bikes. The fly-by-night outfits spec the low end, don't submit them for the proper paperwork which allows you to register them, etc. Then theydump them on unsuspecting losers, then close shop or change names, lather, rinse, repeat. The goodn's spec the upper end of the same bikes and are more likely to be around to back it up tomorrow.

The trick is knowing which of the junk, isn't. Some of it is actually quite decent. Spuds 60,000 mile Zong comes to mind.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 11-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looks very much like a Chinese bike marketed as a "konkor". Here in Canada

It is also sold as the Qlink (pronounced as Q-Link, and not Klink) XP200 and XF200. Motorcycle,com tested one here:

2009 QLINK XF200 Review - Motorcycle.com

A guy known as Spudrider on a bunch of forums (mychinamoto.com, advrider.com, etc) is still riding a Chinese 200cc dual sport and is over 60,000 miles so far. He rebuilt the top end twice I believe. His is a Zongchen.
    Jon

Keaau, Hawaii

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links