ATV seat cover
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV seat cover

Is this the Walmart seat cover people mention - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl...Cover/10727537?

I looked in the archive, but the archive doesn't seem to be searchable.
    Hold back the edges of your gowns, Ladies, we are going through hell.

Just bought a new one from the Wally World in Bellingham, they usually have a few in stock.

Notice that the price went up...grrr! Also, they no longer stock the Mobil MX4-T oil!!! WTF Wally?
    Visit my Blog...Hidden Content or my YouTube channel: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

O'Rielly's has the oil. Advance can order.

The Stearns Seat Cover from WalMart is real nice, fits well, and is quite comfortable. It also adds about 3/4" to the seat height as well as reduceing seat-felt vibrations. I highly recommend it.
    Happy Trails,

capt pow!

2010 TW200, factory rear rack, Chinese jumbo footpegs, Jimbo windshield, ScalaRider G4, Clarke 2.7 Gallon tank, Koso tachometer, Stearns seat cover, gel grips, Dirtly 1" handlebar risers, Osram Rallye H4 bulb, Cortec Deluxe rear bag .

it saves your butt from getting burned when you leave your bike in the blazing sun! its black but it doesnt heat up up the way the stock seat does.
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

I love the seat cover with a little extra underneath. I kinda disliked the stock TW seat set up, the way the seat curves forward makes you slide up front too far and you have to bend your arms like you're riding a cruiser, I would have thought the TW would of felt more like a standard which is my preferred position. The only solution was to sit all the way back, but I didn't like that very much.

I added the seat cover and threw a folded towel underneath to try to make the whole seat level, and it works great! I can comfortably sit back a little now and it feels like I'm finally riding a standard off-road bike instead of a cruiser. Much more fun! That added an inch or two though and for the first time I'm experiencing what it's like to NOT be able to flat foot a bike..(I'm 6' so 30-31 inch seat heights are flat footed)the first time I came to a stop after the mod I was like woah where'd the ground go...hehe.

Oh, and the seat is definitely more comfortable too. Before 30 minutes would kill me, now an hour+ is bearable. I'd still hate to ride a 200-300 Mi. trip on it, but it's not too bad for a dual purpose bike.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

i agree with dark sol the added height is a plus for me as well im 6'2" though so im still flat footed. im thinking about doing a shock swap over the holidays to get a lil extra height.
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

I just got to install my Stearns ATV Seat Cover and go for a ride last Friday. Thanks to jbfla for the link to the Wal-Marts that carry it. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl...i_sku=10727537

I had to do a little 'cussed'em fitting' on the straps at first. I found it was best to stick the seat tongue in the guide and get the right strap length on the first strap, then the next two towards the rear to make sure the seat would bolt down when done. On the ride it was great- just a bit wider to overcome the narrowness of the stock seat. I also noticed I did not slide forward on the seat if I had to come to an unexpected stop and put my foot down. The sliding used to throw me off balance and make me feel like I had to yank on the bars to keep from dropping the bike when I put my foot down. None of that now, so I consider this an unexpected safety benefit.

Dave

It seems that the Stearns Pad is the solution of choice for comfort. I have to say, for those that feel inclined to spend more money (why?) the AirHawk pad is very nice as well ( ). I am on my second as I went to a solo seat. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links