Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it?? - Page 445
Close

Page 445 of 445 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4450
Like Tree12155Likes

Thread: Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it??

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSpy View Post
    How did you like the DK2 carrier? Where in Canada did you get it? It looks like a pretty good design. I'm interested!
    Short answer is I prefer the non tilting type. I got this one because I had a non tilting one before but the break over angle was too much so I wasn't able to load my Ruckus on it. Now after having used this one I will probably go back to what I had before but find one with a longer ramp.
    What I don't like about it:
    -It is very heavy to lift up the back end once the bike is on the ramp. Imagine trying to lift 100-150ishlbs with 1 hand starting from 2 inches off the ground while trying to line up the hole to push a pin in with the other hand. If you have a bad back this would be brutal. You need to bring someone with just to help lift the carrier. They should have designed it with the pivot point in the middle but because it is so far to the left side a lot of the bikes weight has to be picked up when lifting it into place.
    -The TW is wider than other bikes and this causes the foot peg to hit the non tilting part of the carrier every time you lower or raise the bike. So before you do either you have to release the tie down so the bike is leaning away from your vehicle.
    -The carrier bounces around a lot. It makes me a little nervous. I'm constantly looking back to check if everything is ok. The excess movement is caused by the pivot point and the pin. There is no way to tighten it.
    -Its a real pain to change the front tire mount to adjust for different wheel sizes.
    -The price. Luckily I found this one on Kijiji and it had only been used 2 times. The guy said he paid close to $850 delivered to his house. I only paid $275 so I'm not too upset about it. I can always sell it for what I paid. But if I had of paid $850 for it I wouldn't be happy.

What I do like about it:
    -It tilts. But if you don't have a scooter it's not really necessary.
    -The way the front tire is held in place by the frame of the carrier. Makes it a little easier to attach the tie downs while trying to stop the bike from falling over.

I will be looking at picking up once of these at some point to replace the tilting one.
    MotoTote MTX
    Black Widow SMC-600R
    VH-55SMC

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Diesel; 04-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    littletommy and NorthernSpy like this.
    2018 TW200
    2016 Honda Ruckus
    -It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

I recently got the Black Widow one you mention. I think it is a pretty good rack and it does have an extra long loading ramp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Short answer is I prefer the non tilting type. I got this one because I had a non tilting one before but the break over angle was too much so I wasn't able to load my Ruckus on it. Now after having used this one I will probably go back to what I had before but find one with a longer ramp.
    What I don't like about it:
    -It is very heavy to lift up the back end once the bike is on the ramp. Imagine trying to lift 100-150ishlbs with 1 hand starting from 2 inches off the ground while trying to line up the hole to push a pin in with the other hand. If you have a bad back this would be brutal. You need to bring someone with just to help lift the carrier. They should have designed it with the pivot point in the middle but because it is so far to the left side a lot of the bikes weight has to be picked up when lifting it into place.
    -The TW is wider than other bikes and this causes the foot peg to hit the non tilting part of the carrier every time you lower or raise the bike. So before you do either you have to release the tie down so the bike is leaning away from your vehicle.
    -The carrier bounces around a lot. It makes me a little nervous. I'm constantly looking back to check if everything is ok. The excess movement is caused by the pivot point and the pin. There is no way to tighten it.
    -Its a real pain to change the front tire mount to adjust for different wheel sizes.
    -The price. Luckily I found this one on Kijiji and it had only been used 2 times. The guy said he paid close to $850 delivered to his house. I only paid $275 so I'm not too upset about it. I can always sell it for what I paid. But if I had of paid $850 for it I wouldn't be happy.

What I do like about it:
    -It tilts. But if you don't have a scooter it's not really necessary.
    -The way the front tire is held in place by the frame of the carrier. Makes it a little easier to attach the tie downs while trying to stop the bike from falling over.

I will be looking at picking up once of these at some point to replace the tilting one.
    MotoTote MTX
    Black Widow SMC-600R
    VH-55SMC

Hope this helps.
    Diesel likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks for the detailed review! Much appreciated.
    Diesel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

41° and raining in Boise, Idaho today. Truck was in the shop so rode the TW until I got my rig back. A bit cool and the sleet and rain stung my face at 55 MPH but it felt oh-so good!
    admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Pre-Moab exercising the herd. Purple's "Bee" was up yesterday. Mid 50's. Snow stopped me a few miles up the road. Wilbur and Scoob will be riding in Eastern Oregon starting tomorrow and Saturday. Be camped somewhere along Sucker Creek Road if someone wants to come out and ride.

Donzo, Sthrnromr, Fred and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Walked my dog at 8:30 last night - it was mid 50s clear and full moon....brought dog in, got on riding gear and took a 2 hour ride. So fun. I am going to do more night excursions.

Want to add how pleased I am with the new head light. Really good clear vision of trail near and far. The stock headlight was adequate but I feel much safer with the extra detail illuminated.
    Fred likes this.

Outstanding Donzo! Night riding back roads or trails can be a new & thrilling experience., especially with moonlight. Let's try for a night ride in Moab if we can find something relaxing that does not demand too much survival based attention.
    Donzo likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Beautiful weather today. 70+ degrees and no rain finally. Warmest day of the year so far.
    I made it out for a 20 mile ride to explore a local area and test out the new tire and sprocket prior to Moab. Found that the road was freshly graded in spots and fairly soft, but the Terracross stuck like glue. It is a little different than stock on pavement, but it was at 10 psi too. Some areas are really greening up, while the treed hillsides are is still waiting for life to return.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    Beautiful weather today. 70+ degrees and no rain finally. Warmest day of the year so far.
    I made it out for a 20 mile ride to explore a local area and test out the new tire and sprocket prior to Moab. Found that the road was freshly graded in spots and fairly soft, but the Terracross stuck like glue. It is a little different than stock on pavement, but it was at 10 psi too. Some areas are really greening up, while the treed hillsides are is still waiting for life to return.
    I suspect our climatic zones are very similar. It's so pretty over there. Winter should be shorter so you could have a longer riding season.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Rode about 75 miles today along the shore line of Lake St Clair in Michigan, got about half way around Anchors Bay before turning around. Sun was out, beautiful day. It was about 60 degrees. Great day for a ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sthrnromr likes this.

Sponosred Links