Hi all newby here....
Close

Hi all newby here....

I'm looking to purchase a TW 200. Anyone have any luck with a particular creditor in financing one without having good credit? Thanks for any tips you may have.
    Get something exciting between your legs.......a Suzuki!Hidden Content

I'd suggest a member of your immediate family. Moms might not like to see their boys on bikes, but dads, uncles, brothers, little sisters, and rich cousins might go for it depending on how you have treated them in the past. Ride on. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    I'd suggest a member of your immediate family. Moms might not like to see their boys on bikes, but dads, uncles, brothers, little sisters, and rich cousins might go for it depending on how you have treated them in the past. Ride on. Tom
    Thanks for the tip but I'm 53 years old.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Do you have a credit union? Typically they are better than banks.

+1 on the credit union. They are WAY more agreeable than any bank, especially the larger banks.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Do you have a credit union? Typically they are better than banks.
    Unfortunately there's not one close by, and my accounts are with my local bank, but I thought credit unions also go by your fica score as well, do they use another system I'm not familiar with perhaps?
    Get something exciting between your legs.......a Suzuki!Hidden Content

rbm
    I believe the credit unions are a little more forgiving than banks, I've had good experiences in the past.

I have no experience with credit unions, but would advise against borrowing money from someone you know. Or at all if possible. Just start saving up for one. Have been looking for a TW200 for about a year and a half and slowly saving up. Ended up getting an excellently priced one for a grand! With money left over! Financing might get you what you want now, but the cost of money and leaving the line in the water longer (and increasing the likelihood of snagging a better deal.)

....buttt that being said, you could always see what financing would be like on a new one. Might be worth it to you if you plan on keeping it for 10+ years! If you can find a dealer with a year old one that has been collecting dust on the showroom floor, well, they are interested in getting rid of it!

Best of luck to you!

-THE MENACE

EDIT: Like Honda East Toledo, price for a 2013

Condition: New
    Selling Price: $3,399.00
    Last edited by THE MENACE; 12-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.

i'd look for a used one... they are close to unchanged for 25 years, you can find a gently used one and get a better deal.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I have a rule I go by. Never buy a toy on borrowed money! That said and if you need a TW for some personal reason that can't wait then I would search for a dealer with a new or left over bike who can arrange financing. Only you know your credit worthiness but some banks and finance companies that deal with MC dealers are rather lenient but at much higher interest rates. When I was a GM at a Honda/Kawasaki shop we prided our selves on being able to get anyone financed on a new bike or ATV. It is a slippery slope and bad scores equals outrageous interest rates but we very rarely could not get the bike sold. Any creditors are more willing to open their wallets on new, dealer sold machines than on used private sales.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links