afx fx 41 dual sport helmet
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: afx fx 41 dual sport helmet

afx fx 41 dual sport helmet

This looks like a great new helmet being released soon. Drop down visor too..AFX FX-41 DS Helmet - RevZilla
    Mattw likes this.

I agree, great looking helmet. I have it on my Christmas list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color you getting?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looking at the frost grey or silver. I also thought about orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decided to hold off on that helmet. The reviews (now that they are finally shipping) have not been so great. Sometimes you get what you pay for I suppose. Back to the drawing board. Still looking for an affordable Dual sport Modular helmet.

watched the video...i like the exposed nuts on the visor and shield, extra built in sun shield, extra venting and it looks nice...the only thing i don't like is that it's not goggle friendly...i have the fly trekker which is identical to the older afx fx39 and it's good for a cheaper helmet...you do know it's a cheap helmet when you put it on...it's big so it catches a lot of air at higher speeds cause to make them cheaper they only make a few shell sizes and just different size pads to cut costs...i do like the goggle cut outs in the shield cause i never wear it without goggles cause those cut outs can allow a lot of dust around the edges of the shield and i like the extra venting with the visor up and goggles on...i do like the d-ring closure on the fly over the ratchet strap on the afx (less moving parts to malfunction or break)...wonder when fly will come out with their new rebrand model

Last edited by Point37; 02-05-2014 at 10:05 AM.

I ended up ordering this one instead. Not sure why yet. It actually has pretty decent reviews for some others on ADV Rider forum. Should arrive tomorrow. I was nervous about ordering online, but I live in a smallish town and not many options too try them on.

FF386 - LS2 Helmets
    ls2helmets.us/_live/products/modular-helmets/89-products/.../106-ff386

Good catch on the goggle compatability thing.
    I have a Fly, Diane has a AFX 39, BEST feature of these helmets is the goggle/visor choice. The goggle is vastly preferred for most riding we do, but out on a dusty gravel road with other vehicular, and particularly ATVehicular traffic, the visor is a real lifesaver.

I have the AFX FX-41 in yellow, ordered from Atomic Moto. As soon as i opened it up, i saw a window screen material on the inside of the chinbar. It is very loose. As long as i tuck it behind the foam and don't touch the inside of the chinbar, it stays put. The drop down shades are nice. The weight of the helmet isn't that different compared to my HJC street helmets. The thing i hate most about this helmet and offroad helmets is the plastic on the quick ratchet straps. The straps seem to be always too close to my adam's apple. I'd prefer it closer to the front, under my chin or just use a normal helmet strap. The seal with the visor down seems to be average. It does have a crack setting to let some air in. There is no optical distortion in the visor, which is nice. The front chin vent closure seems to be hard to actuate. The rear vent closure does not move smoothly as the plastic rotates a little so you have to press down on the left or right side more than the other. Overall though, I wasn't expecting this helmet to be perfect. I ride mainly with full face street helmets for less wind buffeting and the chin protection but I'd prefer to have a modular flip-up someday for convenience. I ride to my security job sometimes and have to answer an intercom with my full face helmet on and it suks trying to yell out of the helmet.

Good looking helmet. I have the fly trekker and its been a good helmet for the money. I still think the modular would be the hot ticket for me. Afyer you get some time in the ff386 please let us know what you think

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links