Jimbo Shield Time! Help me pick?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jimbo Shield Time! Help me pick?

Jimbo Shield Time! Help me pick?

Heard nothing but good things about them. I have an '09 Tdub, so it has a mainly white body with blue and black accents. I'm thinking smoke/grey. Any one else have this color scheme and a jimbo shield? Would you mind posting pictures of your bikes w/ the shields on? My only concern is it is so hot for about 50% of the year here. Now, add on a jacket and sitting in stop and go traffic. So, as shield owners, do they make much difference in airflow to the upper body at low(city street) speeds? I suppose I could just install it in early spring/late fall when it gets cold enough to want to divert the airflow. Or, is it low enough to help funnel air upwards into your jackets? Thanks for the replies.

look on the performance/custom board..there are pics of the smoke grey with white fairing and more comments
    2005 Tdub

I have the smoke color on my 06 blue bike..... Looks good on mine. My wife has the blue one on her 06 blue bike and it looks good... I think he now has 5 colors to choose from..... I've had mine since 07 and the hot weather isn't a problem like the large shields are... Keeps the wind under control on the chest.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tdubcruising View Post
    Heard nothing but good things about them. I have an '09 Tdub, so it has a mainly white body with blue and black accents. I'm thinking smoke/grey. Any one else have this color scheme and a jimbo shield? Would you mind posting pictures of your bikes w/ the shields on? My only concern is it is so hot for about 50% of the year here. Now, add on a jacket and sitting in stop and go traffic. So, as shield owners, do they make much difference in airflow to the upper body at low(city street) speeds? I suppose I could just install it in early spring/late fall when it gets cold enough to want to divert the airflow. Or, is it low enough to help funnel air upwards into your jackets? Thanks for the replies.
    You can yank it off in 5 minutes if you feel it gets too hot.

You won't notice a difference in traffic at low speeds at all. The only time I can even tell my shield is there is when I'm commuting to work or touring. Speeds of 40mph and above it helps keep wind pressure off my chest, which helps my lower back. Plus they make the TW look really good!
    r80rt and williamemack like this.

i don't think you can go wrong with the smoke grey or the blue. i have the blue on my '05 color scheme, as i wanted a highlight.

as littletimmy stated they are so quit to put on or remove, but i don't think they take that much away from cooling.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think the opaque black jimbos look badass!!

I agree, but a little too dark for me.
    Last edited by Tdubcruising; 12-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Here is my 2013 with the grey shield not the best pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. Thanks for the pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links