A Toast & Roast to the Senior Member & Backbone of the Forum. RUSS LIZARD-BREATH
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: A Toast & Roast to the Senior Member & Backbone of the Forum. RUSS LIZARD-BREATH

A Toast & Roast to the Senior Member & Backbone of the Forum. RUSS LIZARD-BREATH

I think the fact that Russ has lent a hand to probably 99% of us directly or indirectly and made us better TW'ers and better people along the way too.

Let's share some stories that include our friend as we send him well wishes with heavy hearts.

I just stumbled upon the Congrats Lizard Breath and Purple post. Of course, every post was positive.

This was mine: The best part about Russ is his imput is always polite and positive. He will never One Up you. If something may not be correct, he'll find a good way to spin it. Unlike some (one) others.

As most, I learned about the TW Forum pretty fast after I bought my TDub. (7/08.) I probably gravitated towards Russ because of his name (I am just weird that way). But I purposely stayed away from others to avoid my silly questions from being mocked and laughed at. Russ ALWAYS had a positive spin and honestly told the pros and cons for every question (and there were A LOT) posed to him online, private messages and on the phone. The phone calls were the best. He always added color to our calls.

As I have mentioned before. I had probably asked him 10 times about how to convert to hybrid forks. I am not really mechanically inclined and I was nervous and I also told him I was leaning towards one of his oil coolers. He called me up soon after and mentioned they were coming to Mesa (my home town at the time) for the weekend after Valentine's day.
    It turns out he was a mere 2 miles from my home.

The amazing Miss Purple it turns out gave him a hall pass and Russ and I spent the better part of a day converting my TDub to hybrid forks and adding the oil cooler (What a GREAT product design by Russ). We talked about bikes, riding, my kids and just life. I asked my 7 year old daughter tonight if she remembered him. She said: "The nice man that helped you with your motorcycle?" He made a good impression of kindness with all he met.

It turned out when he headed back to the in-laws he forgot his homemade wrench. So as they headed out of town, I had the pleasure of meeting the truly beautiful, genuine, kind and wonderful Mrs. Purple. That TRULY had been one of the BEST days of my 4 years in the desert. In our conversations over the past few years on the phone, I was fortunate to earn his trust and he shared some things in his life.

Knowing that, meeting him, having the pleasure of meeting his delightful soul mate. I can say that Purple is DEFINITELY Russ's best color.

You are in our hearts Russ. May you ride the puffy trails and smile all the way.
    [IMG][/IMG]lizrd7375 10.jpgIMG_5788.JPG

Your Friend--Brock.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

I've never met him or spoke to him, but admire him so much. When I first started reading the forum a couple years ago and saw some pictures of the guy, I thought he looked so mean and gruff, like the kind of guy you would not want to run into in a dark alley...ha ha, but what a sweetheart he really is. He has given and given to this forum and truly made it a great forum. His knowledge is astounding and his willingness to share it so freely makes it even more astounding. He is a very unique man in this day and age. I loved his stories, especially the one about the Kawasaki Mach 3's. In the very early 70's I talked a friend into buying one for his first bike, ha ha I was able to ride it all the time and wheelied it many times. So scary. I laughed and laughed and got the biggest kick out of his story about when he went to the dealer and test drove one.

I wanted to thank all of you who have donated to help Russ and Gina. If you have not donated yet, you can leave a donation with Ronnydog at: [email protected] or contact him personally for an address to send it to.
    r80rt likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am wondering about the name lizard breath, is this just a screen name ?
    Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is his screen name on this forum. That's all I know about it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Russ talked about the meaning behind his screen name briefly in a thread about the meanings behind our screen names. It is somewhere here in the forum. If I remember correctly, the screen name is a tribute to an old friend of his. I've got to hit the road to go to work. If some one gets to finding the thread before I do when I get to work, please throw it up here. It is a good read as well.

Russ is the greatest friend I never met, I think I've read every post by him and have learned a lot. My bike proudly wears a fine Lizrd cooler and Lizrd vents too. I've had a few great phone conversations with Russ and I really like and admire him, he's just a damn good guy and they are rare. My love and prayers are sent your way.
    Thank you Russ,
    Dan
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Russ talked about the meaning behind his screen name briefly in a thread about the meanings behind our screen names. It is somewhere here in the forum. If I remember correctly, the screen name is a tribute to an old friend of his. I've got to hit the road to go to work. If some one gets to finding the thread before I do when I get to work, please throw it up here. It is a good read as well.
    Russ posted the following explanation on 10-16-2012. My thoughts and prayers go to Russ, his family, friends, and admirers. Never met him, but benefitted greatly from his advice and information posted here on this forum.
    "Mine is also a sideways tribute to a fallen comrade.

His name was Mike Stell. Serial Nicknamer, Sprint car driver, motocrosser, desert racer and overall gearhead. Fearless and opinionated, with a voice like a foghorn, fists bigger than most men's heads and a heart of gold IF he liked you.

Arguably the best friend I've ever had, but one of those friends you had to constantly justify to others. Without even mentioning the barroom situations he'd get us into, to others it seemed his entire purpose in life was that of devising new situations in which to get us both killed. Like the time he convinced me I was good enough to buy a 490 Maico and run Open Class the B-to-V with him when I'd never been in an offroad race in my life. Etc. etc... but I loved him. Lol

He'd begin phone calls with "YO, Lizard breath!!!", loud enough for people in the next county to hear him. Not sure why he even used a telephone. lol.

I miss him like stink."

Shellmoney,

Thank you for posting that. He shared some stories about Mike on the phone as well as the day we spent together last Feb. Russ lived LIFE. That is what I will take to grave with me.
    He honored the traits that are too often forgotten. Integrity, honesty, TRUE friendships, Trust, Dependable and treating people the way you want to be treated but also treating people that NEED to be treated.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    littletommy and r80rt like this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

I'm at work now and have a few minutes.

Shellmoney, thank you for finding that. Even his screen name shows how much of a caring individual Russ truely is.

The B to V (Primm) ride me and Russ did, I consider to be my first real adventure ride. My TW has less than 3000 miles on it and that is how many miles I have on a bike. I know Purple can attest to this as well, but his support simply inspires the confidence a newbee like me needs to keep going. This coupled with his patience for staying behind or taking it a little slower than he would normally ride makes the newbee feel like part of the group.

Like Brock above, he and Purple have been over to my house to help me with my TWissues and lack of motorcycle experience. I've also been out on some local day trip rides with them as well. I don't think anyone that has had the pleasure of meeting Russ and Gina could have said it any better than Brock did. "Knowing that, meeting him, having the pleasure of meeting his delightful soul mate. I can say that Purple is DEFINITELY Russ's best color." FREAKING AWESOME!! Well said.

Mario
    littletommy, r80rt and joedirt1970 like this.

Splinter, I still have a picture on my phone that Russ sent me from your Barstow to Vegas ride. I remember thinking what a great time you two must be having, and how jealous I was!
    littletommy likes this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links